Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vishal Kumar (Asst. manager)     18 February 2013

Need help regarding divorce

Dear Members,

I need your help with the situation as I am in a delimna. I got married in the month of Feb., 2012. Just 10 days before the marriage I left my job due to some prefessional resons. So for next 2 months I was at home searching job and was living with my wife and my parents. In May, I got the job and therefore shifted to a new location alone with my wife living with my parents. While I was at home I always observed that my wife's behaviour towards my parents was not good specially towards my mother. In the initial two months she used to agrue with my mom on every single thing without any reason. I had one role and that was to pacify both of them but I could clearly make out that she was not able to accept my mom. She used to threaten me that she will leave the house & will call police etc. etc.. She just didn't wanted to do any household work to which my mom found a solution and since my wife has B Ed. and M Sc degree so my mom approached one of our neighbour to find a job for her in the school. She went for the interview and did got selected but next day she called her parents and told them that she doesn't want to live with us. Her father came and took her and she lived with them for around 20 days. Finally, we gave up and I went to her home and got everything settled and she came with me. After a week when she came back I had to leave for my new job. Exactly after one month, she again did the same thing. This time she ran away from our home and showed everyone in the colony as if my mother has forcefully asked her to leave wheasas she didn't. Her family member came and abused my parents infront of the whole colony and threatened that they will kill my parents.

Now, even we did not want her to be back. After 8 months we filed a complain in the govt agency that reconsiles such cases. On the hearing I went there and she also came. Her father wanted her to go with us so he was apologizing again again because of society pressure. Though even the girl pretended that she wants to live with me but she also put allegation on me that I have extra marital affair ith some one. She didn't even realized her mistake and felt sorry for what she did. She was double faced. Now after one month her parents are threating us via mediater that either we have to accept her or else they are going to file a case against us. My wife is of hot temperament and I fear that if she came back then she can take revenge by molasting me or my family. I want to live a peaceful life and don't want to live my entire life in such a fear. I don't know what to do but one thing is clear I dont want to be with her anymore. Now after all this drama, I have no feelings of her.

Now I have following questions :-

1) We have completed one year of marriage. So, can I file a divorce case. Do you recommend ?

2) If I file a divorce case can she file a dowry/DV petition against us. How the court will consider her petition?

3) Since she is a post-graduate so do I have to pay any alimony. (We don't have any child)

4) She doesn't wants to give divorce so what is the best remedy do I have against her as I don't want to live with her.

5) What are the repurcussions if I file a divorce case first.

6) What should be my next step.

Thanks

Vishal

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

You have my sympathy brother as our stories are exactly same...

If you have the ground like any proofs to show mental cruelty go ahead and file NCR and Divorce. Incase you dont have any proofs then first collect evidence and then in the process keep the communication channel open to build your case.

Incase you want to arrive at an amicable settlement then go file for Legal separation, give her the accepted amount and get rid of her.

JFYI I have filed LS. 

Vishal Kumar (Asst. manager)     18 February 2013

Thanks for replying... I don't have any proof against her. Can you provide more info about legal separation. I mean do I have to prove my case for legal separation as well and can you guide me what are the benefits of going for legal separation over divorce keeping in mind that I don't want her back in my life.

(Guest)

Check your inbox.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register