Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manjunath G (IT and Network Operations)     14 February 2013

Partition deed and khata transfer

Hi All,

We are having property in bangalore corporation gramtana limit bangalore, before it was grama panchayath, my grand father bought this propery on 1970 and house list katha no has been alloted by Gram Panchyath on 1982 and we got some khata confirmation letter by area secratoy

Later 4 to 5 years we have paid property tax, we are having receipt for the same.

Now we have done partition deed but BBMP dont have my grandfather property khata, want to know how we can get the khata done .

Property officers are asking me to pay tax for my dimession, want to whether i can get A Khata.

Please help me.

Learning

4 Replies

SRISHAILA.DHARANI (Advocate&consultant)     14 February 2013

Produce the tax paid receipt and also the katha confiemation letter, to the BBMP and latter latha can be done 

srishaila,9741425514,sdharani120@gmail.com

Manjunath G (IT and Network Operations)     15 February 2013

Now i am paying property tax from 2008 to till date, wether i can get A Khata from BBMP,.. ?

SRISHAILA.DHARANI (Advocate&consultant)     15 February 2013

Difference between A Khata and B Khata-Bangalore Property By BasuNivesh | May 16, 2012 | Investment Planning 0 inShare 52 share Few days back I came across the question from one of my friend and client who is interested to purchase land and that land is of B Khata. He asked me is it good to have this property with B khata and what is the difference between A Khata and B Khata. So just thought to write up on this issue. First let us look at what is meant by “Khata” according to BBMP (Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike). Khata is an account of assessment of a property, recording details about your property such as size, location, built up area and so on for the purpose of payment of property tax. It is also a kind of identification of the person who is primarily liable for payment of tax. It is required when you require a building license, trade licence or loan from banks or any other financial transactions. It is mandatory for all property owners to pay property tax, hence you need to have khata. Now difference between Khata and Title Deed is, khata is an account of assessment of a property for payment of tax only. Hence khata will not confer ownership of property. Whereas Title Deed is the valid document which confer ownership on property. Let us look at the reasons behind the origin of A Khata and B Khata lands. In 2007, those under the seven City Municipal Councils (CMC)?of Bommanahalli, Dasarahalli, Krishnarajapuram, Raja Rajeshwari Nagar, Mahadevapura, Byatarayanapura, Yelahanka, one Town Municipal Council (TMC) of Kengeri and 110 villages, were brought under the fold of the Bangalore Mahanagara Palike (BMP). Following this expansion and creation of the Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike (BBMP), those who did not have appropriate approval from the concerned land development authority and yet to come under the ambit of the Palike were issued an acknowledgment which was in common parlance known as ‘B’ Khata. However, in reality, ‘B’ Khatha does not exist. Property identification numbers are entered into a register called as ‘B’ register stating that the civic agency has been paid its dues by the property owners. For citizens in need of an approval from the appropriate land development authority but have a Deputy Commissioner (DC)?conversion, the BBMP re-introduced Betterment Charges which will entail people to take a Khata on their property. This is how B Khata originated in the mind of property owners but not legally Now the disadvantages of having B khata is that, you will not get building license, trade licence or loan from banks or any other financial transactions. Hence it is big hurdle to have B Khata land. Now what are the ways of converting B Khata land to A khata? By paying betterment charges you can convert B Khata to A Khata. But you will face lot of hurdles, few of them are as below. 1) You should have DC converted property 2) Tax must be paid till date 3) Betterment charges for the conversion property need to paid to BBMP. So the solution is to avoid purchasing B Khata properties and prefer A Khata to have comfortable position in dealing future financial transaction hurdles.

Manjunath G (IT and Network Operations)     28 February 2013

Our site bought by my Grand father on 1967, It was a Gram Panchayath. We are having gram panchayath letter saying that so and os gramatana and the house list khata no X and Y on 1981. We paid tax till 1985 and 1986 (having recepits).

Later our area came under CMC. We didnt pay tax to CMC.

Later BBMP came to our place.

Now My Grand Father name is not available with BBMP khata record.

Now we have done. Partiotion deed. want to apply for A khata.

Please help me. How i can proceed on this.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register