LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dinesh (Software Developer)     19 February 2013

Needed suggestion regarding infringement of trademark for a

Subject - Needed Suggestion Regarding Infringement of Trademark for a Domain Name ! 

HI TO ALL ! 

I have a domain with name of something like - googlexpert.co.in 

Its approx 2 years old .

US based company like Google - which they send me a document in which they said - I am violated with "Infringement of Trademark for a Domain Name" So, I have to 

- Delete / Rename this doman immediately 

- Handover the whole domain details , Social media users etc to that concern company.

Because the word "GOOGLE"  is a problem and violated with terms of US TRADEMARK LAW.

RIGHT NOW - I needed help from all of you experts. I am willing to choose one lawyer for this issue. 

Please suggest me and give me Best details by which I can work on it and can hire a good lawyer. 

For more information send me PMB - I will share my contact no. 

" Please - Give quick response because I have only 2- 3 days to hire a lawyer.  "

Thank you 

Regards

Dinesh

Learning

6 Replies

(Guest)

@Querist,

Google is right in their approach in my opinion. You should comply with the notice. You have no case in hand.Challenging google on such ground will only end up in losing time and money.

Note-This reply should be taken as per the declaration given in my profile page.

Thanks,

Regards,

Dinesh (Software Developer)     19 February 2013

Mr. Kumar

Thanks for your information ! 

But if you search on google - "Googlexpert" Then there are more than 100 sites / blogs/ facebook links/ twitter links which have the same name ! 

So why they did not penalized with this terms ? THEY ARE STILL ALIVE ?

Google is a word where we can use in our work too. Same thing with other words. 

What you suggest ?  

I needed all recommendations ? 

Thank you 

Warm Regards 

Dinesh 

Rahul Kapoor (Legal Enthusiast)     19 February 2013

hello,

the word google used by you will create confusion in the mind of user and you and google are in same field so you will not be allowed registration. 

rahul.gogreen@gmail.com

(Guest)

@Querist,

1. I do agree that there may exist many website/blogs/facebook links/twitter links etc that use the word google in their URL/URI/a target='_blank' rel='nofollow' href or whatsoever. But the reason may be they have either obtained prior permission of google Inc. or have escaped the attention of google Inc. or have been registered in countries which is a hostile country(a heaven for hackers/crackers) or have not been of such nature that shows supseptibility to be used fraudently/or have been somehow on business terms with google. So,if you have got notice, talk to the google management and explain to them your views. If possible try to come on business terms with google Inc.

2. We do use words google but that's only for informational purposes/education purpose/references.

This is all I have offer to you in reply to this thread.

Note-This reply should be taken as per the declaration given in my profile page.

Thanks,

Regards,

Nagaraja B S (Corporate Commercial & IP Lawyer)     20 February 2013

Dinesh,

We can help you to reply for the infringement notice.

You can contact me on nagaraja_bs@iplexglobal.in

Regards,

Nagaraj

www.iplexglobal.in

D Bhattacharya (Advocate)     28 March 2013

Dear Dinesh,

I can understand your concern, and I certainly agree with in so far the fact  that your operating the domain name for quite some time, and that there are others as well using similar names. While  you score here, your case is weak when one sees that the name "google" is registered by Google company for long time and has immense circulation/ usage over the web. Now one has to weigh both these options, for which evidence has to be gone into. Since a general perception exists that your name matches that of "google", your claim needs to be supported by good amount of evidence and facts.

regards

D. Bhattacharya

New Delhi

Mob: 9899031130

email: contact@dblaw.org

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register