Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

venkat (business)     13 February 2013

Divorce proceedings

Respected Members,

I recently filed divorce petition on the grounds of cruelty, she is not with me for the past 18 months. PLease enlighten me on the following points :

1. what are the steps in the process of the divorce, i mean after filing the petition steps involved up to hearings.

2. Regarding  498a/DV cases : presently there are is no case filed. But if she filed, what is the strength of the cases as they are filed after much delay and also after filing the divorce. Also there are no proofs for the same as nothing such sort of things happened. The main reason of the divorce is, she wants me to leave my parents and to transfer all the properties in her name.

PLease help me in this regard.

Learning

5 Replies

rajiv_lodha (zz)     13 February 2013

Dear! Divorce wil follow these steps: 1) Possibly Sec 24 petition from her side, ur reply, arguments, orders, appeal (may be) 2) Reconciliation process 3) Ur side evidence n cross 4) her side evidence & cross 5) arguments 6) Orders 7) Appeal to HC may be till SC But make one thing clear in ur mind THAT CONTESTED DIVORCE SOUGHT BY HUSBAND IS VERY RARELY GRANTED IN INDIA. rest of all is case specific. Ur divorce petition wont help u in 498a/DV much. these wil be decided on merits

Rahul Kapoor (Legal Enthusiast)     13 February 2013

hello,

u must refer to 498a safeguard document.

case will be decided on merits.

if your wife is not living with you then u must file NCR to police.

regards-

rahul.gogreen@gmail.com

RK (adada)     13 February 2013

GO FOR A MUTUAL CONSENT DIVORCE, THATS THE BEST WAY TO GET DIVORCE FILED BY MEN IN INDIA.

OFCOURSE YOU HAVE TO PAY MONEY TO GET DIVORCE

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     13 February 2013

No one can predict, read 498a survival guide and start attending meetings of people fighting against misuse of matrimonial laws ib ur city.
2 Like

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     13 February 2013

You cannot predict her step...It seems that the divorce could not be mutually worked out...But it is always suggested to be prepared!!!....Now that you've filed divorce she is going to reply to you petition with a written statement....

Regads

Chetan(dot)7679(at)gmail(dot)com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register