LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

HARI KATIGHAR (private job)     12 February 2013

About relingqueshment deed and gift deed

My Father has purchased a plot in 1976 he has not registered yet, and presently my eldest brother is on the posession, and he has already getting tax on his name,  and he is not willing to give the partition to any one in the family including father also, we have already filled a suit in the court to get 6 partitions to 5 childrens and father, and i have paid to 3 members amount and taken a relingquesment deed on my name and can i registered it in the registration office and as well as my father is also ready to give his partition as gift to me i want to registered it in the registration office is it possible or any obligations are there 

waiting for advice

Learning

4 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     13 February 2013

1. A UN-registered Relinquishment Deed or a Gift Deed, has no legal value in a dispute before a court.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

HARI KATIGHAR (private job)     13 February 2013

as my father has not registered the property in the registration office at the time of purchase and now can we registered the relinqueshment deed on the same property

I am very much thank ful for your earliest reply....

waiting foryour reply

K.K.Ganguly (Advocate)     13 February 2013

1) Your father is not the owner of the property in the eyes of law since the property he had purchased was not registered in his name, 2) He can not pass on any better title than what he has to others.

HARI KATIGHAR (private job)     13 February 2013

But my father has taken signs of the vendors in the property plan at the time of purchasing and presently my brother is in the possession from 1992 and he got tax on his name from past 2006 

waiting for your reply

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register