Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lucky Khan (other)     13 February 2013

Inter religion marriage

Hello,
I am in love with a Muslim guy. I am a hindu. i want to marry him. we are in relationship since last 9 years. Due to some minsunderstanding we had breakup before 8 months. But then we realise and we met again. But he got married last month due to pressure from his family. But still he is not happy and doesnot have any relationship with his wife.
He cannt divorce his wife due to some problems, but we want to marry. I have some questions:
1) Can we do court marriage? will they send any notice to our parents?
2) What is Special marriage act? can we marry as per this?
3) Will are marriage be legal as per law? or he need to give divorce?
4) Can our parents or that girl file a case against us??
5) What would be consequences of our marriage?? Is there any solution to our problem. I want to do solve this problem ASAP.
Please help us. Thanks

Learning

7 Replies

Lucky Khan (other)     13 February 2013

Please help me

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Lucky Khan

Hello,

I am in love with a Muslim guy. I am a hindu. i want to marry him. we are in relationship since last 9 years. Due to some minsunderstanding we had breakup before 8 months. But then we realise and we met again. But he got married last month due to pressure from his family. But still he is not happy and doesnot have any relationship with his wife.
He cannt divorce his wife due to some problems, but we want to marry. I have some questions:

1) Can we do court marriage? will they send any notice to our parents?
2) What is Special marriage act? can we marry as per this?
3) Will are marriage be legal as per law? or he need to give divorce?
4) Can our parents or that girl file a case against us??
5) What would be consequences of our marriage?? Is there any solution to our problem. I want to do solve this problem ASAP.

Please help us. Thanks

Hello,

You get married, court, out of court, mandir masjid etc..

Consequences would be as follows,

His parents will not accept you, would ask you to get converted to islam

You wont accept, then they will reject you, they might as well tell, they do not confirm and agree to this marriage and leave you on the streets.

your guy and you might make a living seperately, 

Then his parents wont come to your place, nor will your parents come to your place.

Next is children, there will be an argument about which religion would children follow, hiduism or islam

Parents of both you people would be unhappy for the rest of their lives.

He being a muslim would want your children be brought up the paigambar way.

Later on your guy might object you going to temple.

you may as well end up naming your children half hindu half muslim names, reminding people of arvind swamy and manisha koirala of maniratnams Bombay.

Either of you might end up feeling why the hell did I fall in love in the first place.

Might end up feeling, why was I even born in the first place.

Even if it is 2013, societal norms have not changed in the mindset of people with regards to inter religion marriage, change or acceptance of such marriages is only in the books.

You might find a lot of trouble finding a place to live in when either of your parents do not accept you into their homes, if it were a normal intercaste marriage or same caste marriage, nobody would fear giving his or her house for rent or lease, but he being a muslim, one would definitely want, not giving accomodation to you.

These are the possible consequences of what might happen next.

To thank me, click on the thumbsup icon.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     13 February 2013

1. I understand that you mean Registered marriage by court marriage. Registered marriage is not possible, if one of the two is already has a spouse living.

2. Special marriage also is a Registered marriage and the same conditions would apply.

3. As one cannot have more than one wife and hence your marriage would not be valid. Muslims can have more than one wife. But there is a condition that all wives should be treated equally. This would imply permission of the existing wife. Also you will have to convert to Islam for the marriage. If there is a nexus between your conversion and your marriage, court may declare the marriage void.

4. Anyone  aggrieved by your marriage can contest it. The first wife and her parents can be aggrieved parties.

5. The solution to the problem is you forget this Muslim boy and marry an unmarried person, Hindu, Muslim, Christian or any other religion or no religion. Don't be selfish and break someone else's happiness.

1 Like

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     13 February 2013

Lucky!!!

The guy needs to get the previous marriage annuled based on 'force'...In simpler words since the marriage was performed under pressure, it can be annuled..

Once the marriage is annuled, you can get married under special marriage Act..

Regards

Chetan(dot)7679(at)gmail(dot)com

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com)     14 February 2013

Plz contact me then i will provide you the solution.

Coz it is difficult situation.

Regards
adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com
Advocate
Punjab and Haryana High Court, Chandigarh

1 Like

Lucky Khan (other)     20 February 2013

Thanks Adv. Kamal...  but is there really any solution for this pblm??? if yes, plz reply me Thanks...

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     20 February 2013

Besides what I said earlier, his present wife and her parents can unleash IPC-498A, provisions of DV Act etc against your Muslim paramour, his Muslim parents and even you. Life will be hell for all of you. His first wife and family will not be enjoying life either. If you are really bent upon the marriage, ask your paramour to pronounce talak, talak, talak before his wife preferably with a Kazi also present, then both of you go to the Registrars office and file your application for Special marriage. Your boy will not have to wait for the iddat period. Only his ex-wife will have to wait, because only she could have become pregnant and not your paramour. After the iddat period the ex-wife may get married to another Muslim or get caught into the traffiking net. Do you know what is traffiking? Better you don't.

There are also plenty of briefless lawyers out there to help you. But you won't really need them. You can directly fight your case if at all you need to go to court. If you need any legal advice (outside of the court) you can contact me. This is a free offer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register