Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harsha (servant)     12 February 2013

Regarding alimony

Hi 

I am married to now from 1 year. My wife has Engineering Qualification. She is not working now after marriage.

Can she still ask for Alimony though she has Engineering qualifications and can start working?

Learning

7 Replies

(Guest)
Does she has any work experience before ? Do she is just out of college?

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Harsha

Hi 

I am married to now from 1 year. My wife has Engineering Qualification. She is not working now after marriage.

Can she still ask for Alimony though she has Engineering qualifications and can start working?

Well she should be employed, but there was one particular case where judge had taken into consideration the educational status of wife and asked her to earn.

Seniors please help here.

Advocate Sastry (Advocate)     12 February 2013

Dear Harsha,

Please read the follwoing judgement and you may get some idea in this matter..

Sh. Neeraj Aggarwal – Petitioner  Vs. Mrs. Veeka Aggarwal – Respondent

IN THE COURT OF MS. MADHU JAIN, ADDL. DISTRICT JUDGE, ROHINI COURT : DELHI, M No. 28/07

A . K . SETH (ADVOCATE--LEGAL ADVISOR)     12 February 2013

As a general rule, she is entitled to receive alimony from you despite her professional qualifications. However, exceptions are always there, But in  this case chances are very rare. SHE IS ENTITLED.

akseth advocate ::::::::: aksethadvct@gmail.com

Msk-need -nuetral- laws (self)     13 February 2013

She is entitled and judeges too show mercy as she is unemployed, but however you can appeal for reduced maintenance based on her educational background and earning potential.

stanley (Freedom)     13 February 2013

@ author 

Please find enclosed herewith the judegements wherein un-employed or qualified wife is not entitled to maintanence :-)

Attached File : 356821967 un-employed-but-qualified-wife-not-entitled-to-maintenance.pdf downloaded: 110 times

rajiv_lodha (zz)     13 February 2013

Block her maint via above judgment. If there is no success, go for appeal.

Have u any child?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register