LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pomme (Teacher)     08 February 2013

Looking for a good and less expensive lady lawyer

Can somebody suggest me a good, less expensive lady lawyer in Chennai?

I am a woman living with a child, with a low income, outside India.

As it has been unsafe for me and child to live with my husband in India, I am living abroad. He has taken away all my money and belongings. Now tries to get hold of some assets too. It is quite unsafe for me even to come down to India for my education, as I am afraid that they may harm me and take away my child.

I need a good lawyer to handle this such problems and to apply for my divorce, even without needing my presence in India.

Thank you!

Learning

22 Replies

SRISHAILA.DHARANI (Advocate&consultant)     08 February 2013

Hi Pomme,

Please send me the details via mail to maild id, sdharani120@gmail.com.

Dont be of afraid of your husband.Infact he has to be afraid, the moment you file a complaint under section 498a, for harrssing you and your child.

But to file a petition for divorce , your prsence is required , ie., at the time filing the petition.

But dont worry, every problem will be having one solution.

srishaila,Advocate,bangalore,sdharani120@gmail.com,9741425514

Msk-need -nuetral- laws (self)     08 February 2013

see how arrogant lawyer srishaila is !! how just by one post you come to know that his husband is weak and you can make him cry by 498a. gone are days madam, you put 498a or 598a husbands will gain strength at some point of time, so threatening it with 498a will only be your dream in coming years.

Between If the person is real sufferer let jsutice prevails for her problem with correct laws and means

Hi Mani,

Please dont be misunderstood with my reply.

I have replied based on her facts in the portal and her suffering , even she is afraid of comming to India..Dont think that , i am supporter of 498a wives, who file the complaint under this section to extort money from the husband.

Its on  humanitarian grounds , i have replied.

dr g balakrishnan (advocate/counsel supreme court)     08 February 2013

Dharni and Mani do not jump guns. problem is chennai lady abroad. offer her guidance well that is okay before putting sections. sections are secondary look to her case and find solutions is my advice. 

dear pomme, you needed cheaper awer to fend your problems. may be dharni will help u. i am at bombay, no use. but if you are  abroad, where but tell, let us see how to take on the issue.  where you got married where was your matrimonial home where are your parents that is your location too. regards dr g. balakrishnan, advocate Bombay high court.

(Guest)

srishalia,

you are a lawyer?

498a is a criminal offence. Was her post suggesting that she has been subjected to cruelty of life threatning nature or she has faced dowry harassement?

Stop giving such non-sensical advices.

Hi, Mr........

Yes I am a Lawyer.My no is 9741425514.CALL ME NOW,

By reading her message , what you will think?? first you tell me.

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     08 February 2013

mani, 

fight with 498a, 

srishaila has formed opinion based on the facts provided by the author.

though we (including myself), ourselves are victims of 498a, ...

cant there be just a single REAL 498a case too ??

Dont make minds tainted because of own sufferings 

(Guest)

With all due respect Amit :-)

That lady has just mentioned that she is apprehending that her husband can take her valueables and belongings as he has done in past and she want to file divorce.

So as per my little knowledge that only attracts 406/420 but not 498a and she shoukd file divorce petition (if not 498a).

Just like srishaila, few unscrupulous lawyers wrongly advice girls to file 498a but not give the right guidance.

Srishaila ji, control your temper and be in your senses as while giving wrong advice with your phone number details you are only trying to fill your pocket and spoil someone's life .

Atleast try asking asking more details before you blindly suggest 498a.

SRISHAILA.DHARANI (Advocate&consultant)     09 February 2013

Hi Mr........ Sorry ,for person affected with jaundice, every thing will be seen in yellow color only, right???.

DONT  MAKE PERSONAL COMMENTS ON ME , IT IS NOT GOOD .PLEASE MIND YOUR LANGUAGE

(Guest)

Otherwise, Like my wife,  can you also file 498a against me?

Jokes apart, I was only suggesting you to better listen first her agonies and then suggest 498a if she is subjected to life-threatning cruelty but you were doing otherwise.

Tomorrow if she visits your office with torned clothes due to road accident, will you suggest her to file rape case against her husband ( as she is wounded)?

If this the way you (over)react then Please leave this forum immediately.

Msk-need -nuetral- laws (self)     09 February 2013

@Srishaila,

I take from your own words, "Infact he has to be afraid, the moment you file a complaint under section 498a, for harrssing you and your child", what does that refer? There was no mention about dowry threaten in post nor any incident referred in past causing danger to life , then why 498a is pulled? Just someone fears should that be using 498a part (1)

And wording in fact he has to be afraid.. for what?? your words refer like any other lawyers saying " Come on dear, let us screw, judiciray has designed a ballistic missile for us called 498a and use that against him"

@ Amit,

I always support real sufferer, thats why I said in my last two lines that if she is real sufferer,she should get justice with correct laws, not using falsely another section.

Pomme (Teacher)     10 February 2013

Dear all,

Thank you for your kind comments and suggestions! My intention is not to put anyone behind bars! Instead I want to lead a safe and  secure life, without any disturbances! My husband is a well planned executor. Its my mistake that I trusted him too much, that I lost everything. I dont have any idea on law and sections. However, it is true that he has taken away all my money and belongings, and now he wants to get the custody of my child, so that I may have to remain with him. He has been so cruel to me, but my neighbours and parents has known him to have only pleasant attitude. I dont even know how to prove his character or what he has done to me. 

I need an unbiased lawyer who can think through and settle my issues.

Thank you!

Rakesh ggg (Agriclture)     10 February 2013

Respected madam..

Can you give your valuable advice on my problem

Request you to please go through and give your valuable advice

I had filed an RCR in SEPT 2011 and at present its in evidence stage and in between i.e after filing RCR, my wife  side they have filed 498A  in October 2012  and i was arrested and spent a day in jail .They have also filed DV act.

And my lawyer suggested  even afer filing 498a will continue with RCR  and later on will see weather she is going to come or not  and in RCR evidence  stage i.e. in her Affidavit she has  said My husband and their parents have tortured me like anything and its impossible to continue as her wife and they are requesting to dismiss my RCR to Judge.

And also they mentioned they have spent around 50 laksh for marriage and for setting up home which is completely false and also she has given our Reception CD and also Marriage CD.

Will court dismiss my petition  or allow .Could you please tell me what should i do now.

Some of my friends said withdraw RCR and file for divorce..

Some lawyer say's if RCR is passed in your favor ad still she doesn't come within the given time by court , still you can,t get divorce i have wait for another year to file divorce after RCR decree, is it true

Regards

Rakesh

Msk-need -nuetral- laws (self)     10 February 2013

@Pomme,

See My PM,

@ Rakesh,

Please use separate thread

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register