Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kumar prabhat (student)     03 February 2013

Bill payment reminders even after termination of service

sir/mam,
I had terminated my tikona wi-bro internet connection in july 2012 by clearing all undue payments. But this company never provided me bill recipts or NOC for this. Every time i called there customer care they assured me no further bills would be there, but after 2-3 months i started getting bill reminders of the connection which i had terminated. I had NOC of the device which there serviceman collected. In my e-mail I had the complaint which I had done for termination of my connection with complain no.
Again and again I had complained to its unnamed office in my area and on its customer care, I was threatened by some lawyers from delhi high court for its payment on phone, but i had complained to them also on phone than i was assured this all would end, and it stopped for some months, but on this 31st january again I had got a bill on mail of more than 3000rs, in the bill it shows that there is 0Mb usage.
I want suggestions that what should I do, and could legal query happen on me as I don't have NOC, I am very afraid of these court and all. Please tell me what would happen in this matter??

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 February 2013

You have posted that:

--“I had terminated my tikona wi-bro internet connection in july 2012 by clearing all undue payments.”

Why did you pay for undue payments?

--“But this company never provided me bill recipts or NOC for this.”

You should not have made payments without receipts. You have erred.

Now the burden of proving that payments were made by you is on you and you need to find your ways and means that you made the payments.

--“I had NOC of the device which there serviceman collected. In my e-mail I had the complaint which I had done for termination of my connection with complain no.”

Do you mean that you had informed the company in writing that you want that the connection in your name should be cancelled?

If yes company should have supplied you the confirmation and final bill for payment.

If you have made the full and final payment you should inform the company in writing that you have made the payment of final amount of Rs…….on dated……..to Mr/Ms……in cash/by cheque/DD etc who approached you in person on dated……..for the payment of final amount and for disconnection as informed by you by email dated…… and receipt of the payment towards full and final amount/NOC should be supplied to you by redg. post.

You may send your representation to MD at HO of the company whose address should be on the bill and also escalate the matter o Nodal Officer and Appellate authority.

--“I was threatened by some lawyers from delhi high court for its payment on phone,”

It is felt that these so called lawyers are recovery agents and their calls to you mean that connection in your name is not disconnected and monthly rental etc is being charged to you. You may go thru the bills carefully.

If they are issuing threats police complaint can be lodged.

--“I am very afraid of these court and all”

The customers who are fearful are most suitable to such companies for harassment and extortion.

Instead of being fearful find out the person who collected payments from you and thrash him to supply you receipt on prescribed stationary of the company, then and there/ on the spot. The BM of the company should attend to you and resolve your matter.

In such situations if BM evades his responsibility then being a local guy you can take a crowd of your near and dear ones and make him attend to you properly and resolve the matter.

If you feel that you can not handle the matter then either you have to pay Rs.3000/ again

Or make the company issue NOC and receipts to you.

You can also approach a lawyer specializing in consumer matter, and show all documents whatsoever you have in your record and give inputs in person. Your lawyer may be in a position to help you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register