LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

deepa (deputy manager)     05 February 2013

Public sector bank - anywhere quarters

i work in a nationalised bank as deputy manager. i was posted at head office of the bank and was transferred to a rural branch as 3 yrs rural posting is mandatory.  as per bank's circulars from 2004 onwards, bank has stated that "the facility of leased accomodation at a place of choice is available to officers in JMGS  I to TEGS - VI", with a condition that the officer has to arrange his/her accomodation at their place of posting As a lady, i could not obtain an independent accommodation at my place of posting due to safety and security issues. My husband works in Mumbai and had a single accommodation there. Bank has also provided us with furniture which i am not supposed to sell. so naturally, we decided to shift our accommodation to Mumbai. i applied for "anywhere quarters" in Mumbai in July 2012. for which our regional office sought reasons for opting for Mumbai. i replied to it on 11 Aug 2012. Then there was no reply from the bank until i sent a mail to regional office on 19-01-2013 as a reminder and with further clarifications on "reasons". The Regional head(AGM) was unwilling to make any decision on the matter. but as i had sent the mail, he had no option but to make a decision. he visited the branch on 28-01-13 and told me that "bank has not taken your request favourably and thats why there was no reply. i want to see you in my chair or DGM's chair. then only you will know the concerns of the bank. i am telling you this, as a friend, because you have sent a mail directly to me". the hidden agenda behind the visit was to make me understand the benefits of being in good books.  but i told him that i want a reply anyway.  subsequently i received a letter from AGMs office stating that my request for anywhere quarters has been decilined for the reason that "since the officer has not stated any specific reasons for availing leased accomodation in Mumbai, the appropriate authority has declined the request of the officer" astonishingly, the reference of the letter was my previous letters in which i had stated the reasons elaborately.  clearly they could not find a better reason to reject my application for family accomodation in mumbai. my family consists of me, husband and 3 year old daughter.

i am having copies of all circulars issued by bank from time to time and there is no adverse condition to decline my request.   Please help.

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 February 2013

You may obtain service rules including transfer policy from bank website or from bank employee’s union or thru RTI from PIO/CPIO of the bank.

Refer to the rules and the reply issued by AGM office and approach good offices of Chairman, MD etc for relief.

e.g.

Union Bank of India:

4.4(viii)

4.9; Transfer Request on ground of separation from spouse

Bank of Baroda

https://aiboboa.org/service_conditions

77. Transfer Policy :

e) Provision for lady officers

f) Exemption of Special grounds

g) Criteria for transfers

h) Request Transfers

i) Retention of Residential Accommodation at previous place of postin

For details Refer to Circular No.BCC:BR:101:130 dated 29.04.2009.

National Commission for Women has also remarked upon transfer issues for career women.

Valuable advice of learned experts/members is sought.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 February 2013

Attached.

Attached File : 393920418 women in governance.pdf, 393920418 transfer.pdf downloaded: 334 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register