LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

harrasedsister (swengg)     01 February 2013

Harrased sister-in-law

My brother got married in year 2004. My brother's wife has some problems with my brother. My brother sent a legal notice to my sisiter-in-law requesting her to come back. She sent a reply notice which has wrong accusations about my brother, my mother, father and me and my husband( who rarely talked to her). She has lot of problems like ego, jealousy( we are well-to -do and we lead more comfortable life than them). My husband takes care and loves me a lot which has not been digested by her.When she left the house in July 2010. She created a big scene in-front of my mom's neighbours.Sometimes she calls my brother and talk to him very sweetly. Sometimes she invites my brother and asks him to stay in her place. She lives with her mother.When my brother goes to stay with them, she starts some issue and starts quarelling with my brother.Once she called my relatives and asked them to listen all  arguments they had over the phone. She unnecessarily blames my mother and me for everything.She says "your mother and sister teach you to argue with me". She can't tolerate"NO". Actually my brother never listens to my mom and me.Afraid of their prolonged arguments and quarelles we ask him to stay calm. But he doesn't listen.The next day she calls and talks to him over phone with love.And my brother goes to her place and comes back with another quarrel. I know it sounds very silly but this is what is happenning since july 2010.

We want to get rid of  the problem. Is there any way for us?  She tells my brother that she want to ruin my life and teach my mother a lesson.She called my in-laws and told that I was the main reason for her life which is totally false.Please help us.

Looking forward to your reply

Learning

3 Replies

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     01 February 2013

It sounds very plastic to me to send a legal notice to wife inviting her back...It seems that things are getting out of hands. Keep a record of her actions.

Now, what is it that you want?...Your brother has the option to divorce...

Regards

Chetan(dot)7679(at)gmail(dot)com

stanley (Freedom)     01 February 2013

If your brother and your sister in law are happy staying seperate than they should take a accomodation of their own and stay seperatley which i presume should solve their problems and he could visit youll once in a while . 

Your sister in law seems the one who seeks vengence and her mind is revolving around those thoughts . Her mind is filled with anger . You and your mom should stay calm since they are married and its their life .As you say your brother loves you very much now that he is married you should let go off him as he has a life to lead of his own .  

(Guest)

Is it Harrased sister in law or harrased by sister in law?

Well, eitheways its harrasment to you and your family.

When you cant stop pointing fingers at each other, when the calm of the house has evaporated into thin air, you will just be living with each other for the sake of societal norms, if one are not to stand the sight of each other, it is better to part ways rather than torture themselves and also people who are around.

Get a divorce.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register