LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

GN Gautam (engineer)     23 January 2013

Pathetic service of hotel drh regency

I booked a room in hotel DRH residency, Ahmedabad for 27th January 2013. The booking was done through makemytrip.com and I made an online payment for Rs.2000/-. I needed the room on the 27th for the entire day i.e. from 8:00 am till 10:00 pm. However after the booking was made, the booking voucher showed that the check-in timing will be at 12:00 noon. I called up the hotel to complaint about the same and to my utter dismay, the hotel authorities informed that I can check-in only after 12 noon. I requested them to cancel the booking and refund my money. However, I was informed that bookings can be cancelled but money cannot be refunded. The hotel has also confirmed that no refund can be made, through an e-mail.

My train will arrive at Ahmedabad on 27th Jan at 7:00 am. What am I suppose to do for 5 hours? Its an urgent work for which I am coimg to the city with my family. And its sheer stupidity to check-in at a hotel at 12:0 noon. I have made repeated calls to the hotel and makemytrip, but instead of helping me, I am being told that no refund can be given at all.

I request you to take immediate cognizance of this and take action against the fraudulent activity of this hotel as well as makemytrip.com.

Regards,
G.N. Gautam

Learning

1 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     24 January 2013

gautam,

its a normal practice in the Hotel Industry check in time 12:00 noon and check out time is around 11:00 am.

you can ask them to provide you temporary arrangement for keeping your luggage and for fresh n up of your and your family members, which the Hotel shall provide you with gladly.

further, while booking didn't you checked the check in and check out timings of the hotel?????????

Kindly confirm.

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register