Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rambabu (NA)     20 January 2013

Reg amenities in gated community

Hi,

I have booked an apartment in one of the gated community under construction and builder mentioned that he will charge Rs 4.5 lakhs for 1 car parking and amenities which includes Clubhouse, swiming pool, indoor activities, tennis court, basketball court, badminton court, childrens play area etc. Now in Agreement of Sale, builder is putting a clause that all these amenities except car parking will be owned by the builder even flat purchaser is paying for them. This will hold good even if we form the society after 2 years later, these amenities will still continue to be owned by the builder for life long and moreover builder will charge the usage charges for all these.  It was not mentioned anytime before booking or anywhere in the booking form that the builder will own all of this. This is a surprising clause we are seeing in Agreement of sales after paying 20% amount. Moreover this may also reduce our undivided share of land and also gives builder more power to control everything even after 2 years when we form our own society. Moreover he wants to become the owner of all the things for which we are paying?    

Is this correct or fair? Is there any rule/law which can help us from this to have all these transferred to the society and prevent builder from owning all this? and also for us to get the correct undivided share of land?

Learning

5 Replies

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     20 January 2013

was this mentioned in the initial agreement... ?

Hi,

No it was not mentioned anywhere in the booking form and was not even told to us till we saw the Agreement of Sales. In the booking form the only clause which was mentioned is that the builder will charge the usage charge for the amenities but regarding the ownership of amenities nothing is mentioned anywhere.

Regards,

I would suggest you to avoid such agreements as once you enter into agreement with the builder, you will have no legal relief later. 

How can we avoid the agreement now. We have already paid 20% of the amount. I am not the only one, there are many people who have booked it in pre launch. What we are hearing today is that builder is thinking to modify the clause and still want to keep some things with him even though we are paying for them. We will just wait for next couple of days and see if he modifies/removes that clause as everyone is opposing this.   

In case if the builder do not modify/remove this clause, is there any legal way we can stop him in doing so?

Once you pay for the amenities, the builder cannot exercise ownership over them.However, the court of law will go by the agreement signed by the builder and yourself. I think all the buyers must take a united stand against the introduction of such a clause by the builder . 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register