Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sunil Dimble (Art Director)     12 January 2013

Icici credit card trauma harassment and false commitment

Hello (To whom so ever it may concern)

I have several issues with this credit card account of ICICI bank and had tried to settle this account in past (2009-10), but collection executives employed by ICICI Bank took undue advantage and gave me false commitments regarding settlement. They collected payment from me as installments for settlement and kept posting it as my monthly payments without my knowledge. My fault was that I blindly believed ICICI bank executives who were later found following unethical banking practice throughout the country. All my last payments reflecting on my account were the installments paid for settlement, but I was been fooled by the collection agency to achieve their targets. It was recession period, during same period I had settled 4 other credit cards but only ICICI credit card account wasn't settled, merely due to immoral collection executives employed by ICICI bank.

After couple of months collection agencies started calling me for payments. I was under impression that my account was settled and by then my account kept accruing following charges each month:

1) Late fee

2) Service charge for Late fee

3) Overlimit charge

4) Service charge for Overlimit charge

5) Finance charge / Interest

6) Service charge for Finance charge / Interest

Further ICICI collection agents started calling my residence number and started using threatening and abusive language. They discussed my account with my other family members, threatened to harm me and breached bank agreement with the card member in all the possible ways. I even contacted banking ombudsman and wrote mails to ICICI collection department and calls stopped for some time.

Meanwhile I also received a letter for approval of a loan from ICICI bank, which I never applied for. I reported it to ICICI bank and requested details of it but to no avail. I am sure even this was one of the initiatives of bank executive employed by ICICI Bank who had collected my documents during settlement.

Now since past couple of month (after almost 2 years), collection executive employed by ICICI Bank (call’s herself Snehal) started calling me again for the payments. She wanted me to pay 29000/- more to settle the account. Many a times she would use abusive language with me and my family members, she even called me beggar, psycho, cheater, fraud etc on multiple occasions. She even called couple of my neighbor and started harassing them for my details. Later this collection executive even called one of my neighbor’s daughter (Ms Chuddha) working in Pune (Wipro) and threatened her that she would get her into problems if she doesn’t cooperate. With the issues happening in the country (Ms Chuddha) was so scared that she had to take a medical leave and return Mumbai immediately. Further I pacified her father that there is nothing to worry and she can resume work without any fear. One of my neighbor (Mrs. Dalvi) was been harassed so much by repetitive calling on their land line number whole day, that her family had to call a doctor home to treat her for high blood pressure. All these people ICICI collection agents employed by ICICI Bank were calling and harassing were not guarantor on my account nor they had any account or relationship with ICICI bank, then how did ICICI collection executives availed their phone numbers /details and who gave ICICI bank/executive rights to call neighbors for collection of payments. The motive was clear to create problem in the neighborhood so that card holder would get embarrassed and make the payments, which is a cheap way of functioning for a bank. Best part is that all these things were happening on a recorded line.

I have got a signed letters with respective dates from my neighbors regarding the harassment they received from collection executive employed by ICICI Bank and would register a police complaint against her and the bank.

ICICI bank has caused a mental trauma to Me, My family members and my neighbors.

ICICI bank has spoiled my CIBIL records beyond repair.

ICICI bank executives have jeopardized banks reputation and my financial standing.

I have been harassed, humiliated and traumatized by the recovery agents employed by ICICI Bank.

It has caused me great embarrassment in my society and spoiled my reputation.

I received a mail from Collection manager Jatin Shide dated 9th Jan, 2013 and asking me to settle the account on or before 11th Jan, 2013 for 11933/-. When I agree to pay, so that I can put an end to this baloney of ICICI bank credit card account, ICICI collection manager tells me that this is a wrong settlement letter that they have sent me.  Now when I am trying to speak with this manager, he doesn’t answer the call nor does he reply my messages.

Now I have lost faith in settling this account and want few questions to be answered:

1.       Does ICICI collection executive have right to lie and give false commitments to achieve their monthly targets?

2.       Does ICICI bank have authority to abuse and threaten people to collect the money?

3.       Does ICICI collection agent have rights to unethically avail card member’s neighbor’s information?

4.       Does ICICI collection agent have rights to call card member’s neighbors for collection?

5.       Does ICICI collection agent have rights to harass card member’s neighbors and to threaten them?

6.       Does ICICI bank often send wrong letters for settlement to the customers?

7.       Will my CIBIL records be cleared which has been spoiled because of ICICI lousy executives?

8.       Will I get justice and compensated for the trauma I had gone through due to unethical business practice followed by ICICI bank executives?

9.       Will I get any written explanation and apology from ICICI bank?

I need an escalation in this case and would like to get a favorable resolution to this issue, falling which I will be forced to take further course of action.

Regards

Sunil Dimble

ICICI Card Account No.    4477466395140006

Email: sunildimble@live.com

Learning

5 Replies

D R SHRESSHA (PROPRIETOR)     12 January 2013

Unfortunately there is a big scandal behind the whole thing.  I have undergone similar experience some years back when I was constantly harassed.  I had 5 credit cards, and I negotiated and closed all the cards at a time in disgust.  Since then, I don't use any of credit cards and I advise people known to me not to entertain these culprits come near.  I had complained to Ombudsman, Police, Consumer Reddressal Forum, and I lost money and time on this unnecessary and futile excercise.  Unfortunately the Police also is hand in glove with this unhealthy, and in most cases, they behave as if they are the creditors.  The Supreme Court of India has come down heavily on this, but still the practice persists. 

If you want these anti-social elements to behave and act, the only way is to get the whole episode telecast through TV9 or Times Now, or some such channels.  I sympathise with you, and hope the matter will get settled soon. 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 January 2013

THIS BANK IS VERY POPULAR ON LCI. YOU CAN VIEW MANY THREADS INVOLVING THE DEEDS OF THIS BANK AT LCI AND OTHER PORTALS.

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/display.asp?cat_id=4&forum_id=3

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/display.asp?cat_id=5&forum_id=13

This bank has been littering nuisance to proportions which is intolerable and perturbing.

The strategy most suitable is Tit for Tat.

You have posted that:

--“I have got a signed letters with respective dates from my neighbors regarding the harassment they received from collection executive employed by ICICI Bank and would register a police complaint against her and the bank.”

What are you waiting for??

Approach a lawyer.

If Police does not lodge FIR you may meet Commissioner of Police, local SHO and if they also do not act send a telegramme to Chief Justice of High Court in your state.

You may also put an email to NGO run by Kiran Bedi.

Attached herewith are two Supreme Court Judgments against this Bank and its Goondagardi.

{Bench: A Lakshmanan, A Kabir, CASE NO.: Appeal (crl.) 267 of 2007 PETITIONER:

Manager, ICICI Bank Ltd RESPONDENT: Prakash Kaur & Ors DATE OF JUDGMENT: 26/02/2007

Bench: D Bhandari, T Chatterjee REPORTABLE IN THE SUPREME COURT OF INDIA CRIMINAL APPEALLTE JURISDICTION CRIMINAL APPEAL NO. OF 2008. [Arising out of SLP (Crl.) No. 4935 of 2006] ICICI Bank .. Appellant Versus

Shanti Devi Sharma & Others .. Respondents JUDGMENT}

You can access decision passed in cases involving this bank at

Confonet

confonet.nic.in/

You need to gather all of your resources and thrash the bank and its employees who are insulting you.

If you ask around you shall come across many citizens who know how to teach this bank a “Tit for Tat” lesson. We know citizens who have first thrashed/shoed/booted/slapped the executives and local BM’s of ICICI/HDFC/ and other banks, then shoved them into police station and ensured that they were kept in PS till a local senior employee of the bank did not come in person to verify their credentials and be witness for them.

You can make out that these banks resolve matter of such citizens at once.

So video shoot, record their acts and thrash them.

When this Snehal calls you a psycho, beggar you choose your words and call her what she deserves………and record the call. Trace the ownership of her phone number and if she has not given her real name, address charge her for impersonation, criminal intimidation etc……… Simply said shove her and her masters into very tight corners and show them their real place.

Send the recoding to local SHO, Police Commissioner and Chanda Kochar and if Chanda or police does not act send a telegramme to Chief Justice of HC, media…….. Involve some effective human rights organizations, sansthas, NGO’s etc.

Demand from Chanda that she supplies you the full name, designation, dept, address, with pin code {official and residential} phone number with STD code{official and residential}, mobile number {official and personal}, email{official and personal} who have been sent to collect money from you and instruct Chanda to deduct the loss suffered by you from their salary or pay from her salary, and refund the amounts to you also.

The letter of settlement supplied to you has to be real and correct.

Obtain a letter on letterhead of ICICI bank under original seal and signature of competent employee of the bank with his full name, designation, dept, address, with pin code {official and residential} phone number with STD code {official and residential}, mobile number {official and personal}, email {official and personal}, written below his/her signature pledging that the bank shall clean your credit history and call your name back from all collection/recovery agencies, credit bureaus, credit rating agencies including but not limited to CIBIL, Equifax, Experian, MCNF, and bad customers list of the bank, and this settlement shall have no adverse bearing on your credit score, credibility, loan taking ability in future and if this settlement affects you in future ICICI bank shall be responsible. Obtain and demand the certified copies of all communications sent by this bank to all agencies till date and upon settlement and after settlement. 

Attached File : 1058212053 818336822 4 4 private bank harrasment.pdf, 1058212053 818336822 judgment on credit card 2.pdf downloaded: 403 times

Sunil Dimble (Art Director)     15 January 2013

Kumar, I thanks you for your breif and swift advice. I will surely take it ahead till I get the justice. I just wanted to know, what rights do these collection team has and what happens with the people who dont pay at all, Is there any criminal proceeding for such card members?

Sunil Dimble (Art Director)     15 January 2013

Mr Shreesha, thanks for your reply. ICICI bank is enough defamed and there seems to be not scared of any such activity, the perfect way would be getting maximun proof against them and to nail them one by one.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 January 2013

The banks are under obligation to keep list of recovery agencies at its website.

You may check if the person{s} calling you are in the list of the Bank??

Bank may approach civil court, file summary suite for recovery, Lok Adalat.

Your location is jurisdiction.

The activities of the bank with you can be termed criminal intimidation so you can initiate criminal complaint.

RBI, BCSBI,IBA has issued guidelines on recovery and CC operation.

Bank is trying to extract as much as possible, by exerting pressure. The court shall decide as per merits. bank shall claim interest penalties etc citing contract however may not produce copy of such agreement.

Bank may come for settlement and you may agree for an amount as suitable to you, however obtain everything in writing and a letter begging apology from you.Yu may also demand certifie copy of contact/CC application, which Bank may not  supply.

[PDF] 

LIST OF RECOVERY AGENCIES AS ON JUNE 01, 2011 - ICICI Bank

www.icicibank.com/Personal-Banking/pdf/DSMG_agency_list.pdf

Uploaded on Nov 7, 2007

After a Delhi consumer court ordered ICICI Bank to pay Rs 55 lakh for snatching away a defaulter's car and thrashing its occupant, the bank says it has not yet decided if it will appeal against the verdict. Speaking to NDTV, the bank maintained that despite its terrible track record, its recovery agents should not be branded as "goons".

·                                 Category

News & Politics

·                                 License

Standard YouTube License

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4saI_fB7zC0

Harassment from ICICI Bank Recovery Agents

www.consumercourt.in › Financial Services  Loan  Credit Card

Threaten call from icici bank recovery agent at delhi

www.consumercourtforum.in › ... › Business & Finance  Banking

2 bank recovery agents held for Rs 16 lakh fraud

content.ibnlive.in.com/.../2-bank-recovery-agents-held-for-rs-16-lak...

Attached File : 625894672 fair practices code for cc operations iba.doc, 625894672 cc operation of banks rbi guidelines and helpline.doc, 625894672 master ciculrar on credit card opration year 2012 71mccco300612.pdf downloaded: 263 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register