LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sudhakar (Engineer)     23 December 2012

Property clash

We are two brothers, MY have father has a share of 11% in a business. My father decided after the death of him, the 11% will be shared between our two brothers.  We wrote the same in the document, but was not registerd.  They are few other partners who also have share(89%).

After my father's death, my elder brother is telling that father registered that 11% to sons of Elder Brother. They are showing the agreement of same. The other partners and me are not ready to put signature to accept that 11% belongs to my brother.'s children.

After few days, my brother's children gave a lawer;s notice to us saying that asking all partners to put signatures. 

Can you please guide me wat i can do in this case.

Learning

4 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     24 December 2012

1st the legal notice is to be replied.

2nd that letter or will needs to be looked into and if required the same neds to be challanged in the court to prove that the same is forged and bogus.

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     24 December 2012

Sine the legal notice have already been sent, wait for its reply,,,,,Is this a partnership firm? registered?

Regards

Chetan(dot)7679(at)gmail(dot)com

sudhakar (Engineer)     24 December 2012

They are  saying that they have also Video evidence on that my father has signed the document with wish and full conscious.

This is partener ship firm and its registered.

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     24 December 2012

Hey Sudhakar..didn't quite get your problem earlier......

Now, if you are sure that you and your brother only have the right over the said share, then don't worry....I am presuming that there is no such video evidence available....

Reply to the legal notice declining the claim and it is baseless...You can mention that you may litigate the issue against the false claim.....( They are probably trying to put you at fear )

Please have a good lawyer to draft a smart reply

Regards

Chetan(dot)7679(at)gmail(dot)com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register