LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Naveen Kumar (service)     15 December 2012

New cheque system

Hi Experts, Recently Banks have started issuing new kind of cheques and withdrawing old one, and also where they say that old cheques issued to any banks, persons etc., to be returned within 31.12.2012. So If a person collects old cheque for lending money, What is is Position Now ? Will banks honour this cheques or not

Learning

7 Replies

rahul (director)     15 December 2012

New CTS ch deadline extended till 31.03.2013

ravi shankar sharma (advocate)     15 December 2012

Dear Mr. Naveen,

one part of your question has been resolved by Mr. Rahul rightly.

If you collect old cheques for lending money or giving friendly loan you will only be able to use the old ones till the last date of extended period else you have to ask for new cts cheque from concern to enable you to realize the amount from the bank through new cheques.

I hope you got the complete answer.

Naveen Kumar (service)     15 December 2012

Thanks U Mr.Rahul & Ravi for your reply & information,

It's no doubt one part of my question has solved,

But my doubt is that, if a person already collects cheque long back and if we ask the borrower [person] to give new cheque but he denies for the same.  in such case what is the option/remedy for lender.   If the banks deny / dis-honour the old cheque, is lender lose his amount and cant be able to file a case against the borrower ?

This is my question.  Pls clarify the same  Thanking You

rahul (director)     15 December 2012

dont worry,

after 31-03-2013 also, your old ch will be good for banking, but it will take little longer time in clearing with little charges,

rbi will decide later, what will be charges.

ravi shankar sharma (advocate)     17 December 2012

Dear Sir,

At the outset I would say as long as this extn period is available to you till 31.03.2013, you must not be bothered however in that stuation you have option to file suit for recovery for chq amt in the competent court.

Learned all members correct me if i am wrong anywhere,I would like to learn from all luminaries from this fraternity.

Regards,

R S Sharma

Naveen Kumar (service)     17 December 2012

Out the outset those who gave the cheque will surely take undue advantage of this new system, unless RBI focus something on this.  What you say sir ?  

Thanks

ravi shankar sharma (advocate)     18 December 2012

Dear Sir,

You are absolutely correct but for those who are dishonest otherwise if a person committed to return will never be like this.

I hope so may be RBI working on this issue.

Regards,

R S Sharma

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register