Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shashi (DBA)     09 December 2012

Problem in relieving from job

Hello 

I am a outsource employee of HP. I got new job. As per my new employer joining would be in a month. As per my current company my notice period is 2 months. But in my offer letter, there is a option called 1 month buyback option. I am ready to pay for 1 month salary. But they are agreed for this. Now this case how can i approach. As per my offer letter 1 month buyback option, they should agree. But they want me to serve for 2 months. They are trying to spoil my career. Its a golden opportunity for my career. Please suggest me what should i do now????

Thanks Inadvance..

Learning

3 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     09 December 2012

After one month, move a registered letter to your present company with enclosed cheque for the amount of notice period with prayer to immediately relieve as per clause of your appointment letter and join the next employer thereafter. dont forget to mention in that letter that you deem yourself releived as per clause.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 December 2012

Learned Mr. Makkad has given valuable advice. Kindly follow it.

The very purpose of notice period is that employer is able to do orderly transition, install replacement, complete exit formalities, and employee is able to firm up his future venture and help the employer to complete the exit formalities.

If you have tendered some notice {as mentioned by you} you have done well to your employer and have displayed character by not causing abrupt termination.

You should structure and draft your notice of resignation carefully.

Address it to your good offices of your appointing authority, MD, Chairman and mention that as per clause number…….. {On resignation/termination} and clause number…….{ on notice period/ notice pay in lieu of notice period}in appointment letter dated……..you are submitting your notice of resignation dated……..and effective date of your resignation/retirement from company  and hence last day in office is dated…………..and the notice pay in lieu of notice may be adjusted in FNF statement.

The conditions accepted in appointment letter and service conditions and contractual obligation on both employer and employee.

You may go thru whole of the appointment letter in detail consult elders in the family, competent and experienced well wishers; lawyer law firm and fine tune your representations as suitable to you.

You may mention that:

-- Acknowledgment of your notice of resignation may be supplied to you immediately by redg. post and good offices may make arrangements to relieve you by the close of office hours on dated………and supply you the acceptance of your resignation, last salary slip, work experience/service certificate/ reliving letter, correct FNF statement, Payment of dues as per correct FNF statement by bank DD, form 16 as per correct FNF statement, PF number, attested copies of PF forms {you may submit withdrawal/transfer forms as suitable to you. Transfer is better as you are eligible for pension after 10 years}for submission to next PF office by you, PF account slips for the period of entire period of your service, NOC/NDC etc be supplied to you on your last day in office.  

-- good offices may inform you to whom you should handover the charge/company property under acknowledgment and duties may be assigned to you in routine which can be completed within and up to your last day in office, and make arrangements to ensure smooth completion of exit formalities with dated……...i.e. your last day in office.

Kindly note that HR may not provide any relief to you as HR has to serve its masters, and make note of demands of line management who might have issued verbal or written instructions, to not to relieve you. So you may not shy to approach good offices under acknowledgment and if required follow up by issuing reminders and if required try and meet them and convince them.

If the next company is buying out your notice period and if you tender notice pay by cash/DD/cheque and if your current employer decline to adjust the amount paid by you in FNF statement then you may be subjected to double taxation. You may clarify the points with your current employer {preferably in writing and obtain acknowledgment of cheque} and future employer.

You need to build strong rapport with line HR/Line management/ senior management of new company and convince them {followed by written communication} that your previous employer has declined to issue acceptance of resignation/relieving letter/FNF statement etc, and you can provide only the copy of the resignation, is proof of dispatch { by redg. post} and POD {which you can obtain from PO} and obtain their concurrence preferably in writing { even if by email}and understand their stand in your case. The company may agree and may ask you to sign and affidavit/indemnity stating you are not employed elsewhere.

Separation is the time when employee should forge the rapport, goodwill built during the period of employment, and leave with a happy note. This is also a testing time as line management/HR may become adamant and recalcitrant and sometimes zealous and vindictive hence employee should apply goodwill/rapport and exceptional levels of  persuasion, negotiation, persistence, reasoning skills, and resolve the situation in his favor.

Ani (Scientist)     09 December 2012

Hi,

I am working in an organization where in my appontment letter it was mentioned that i will be in probation for 6 months. The appointment letter is duly signed by my employer and me while i joined. The appointment had a clause that - during this six months (some approximate date mentioned) organization can terminate me at any point of time but i cannot resign from the organization. Is this clause valid? Can it be one sided?

The above appointment letter also does not state anything of what happens after the above 6 months - neither I be permanent or i continue to be in probation. Now i have completed almost 14 months in the organization. During my tenure i never received a second appointment letter or some document stating whether i became permanent or i continue to be in probation.

Now i have resigned from my job since i want to join my family travelling abroad in an emergency. I have sent the resignation email to my employer and have asked them to relieve me in 7-10 days of time. - but my employer says there is a notice period of 1 month or pay one month salary. My employer has also forced me during my probation to submit my original marksheets. There was no way mentioned in my appointment letter that i need to submit my originals. Since they forced me - i had no other option rather than sumitting it. Now after my resignation they are refusing to return back my originals as well as the relieving letter. They are just asking for one month salary.

Since i am in emergency and need to join my family what should i do. I am a lady and have to join my family without fail. Is it legal to ask for one month salary from me where as nothing is mentioned in my appointment letter? What should i do now. Please help.

Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register