Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

DHANYA S (SDE)     07 December 2012

Getting claim money from my grandfather account

Hi,

This is regarding how to claim the money present in my grand father's account in SBI. My grandfather died on March 2012. He has left a sum of 1.5 lakhs in SBI savings account. We have got the legal heir certificate. This includes - His three daughters and wife. My grandmother is 80 years old and can barely walk , she is living with us after my grandfather's death.

Now the problem is , two of his daughters do not live in India , and reaching them it barely possible(one is sick and other is not even reachable) . This money is required for my grand mother very urgently.

The question is , since the eldest legal heir is alive , will it be possible to get this money with her signature alone ?

Please suggest. Advise and help required atmost.

Thanks

Learning

1 Replies

surjit singh (Assistant)     07 December 2012

Check who is the nominee for the account. The nominee will get the amount. If there is no nominee that will be devided among the legal heirs certificates. At the most you can get only your share in the amount. For your grandmother she will have to come before the bank for the satisfaction of the bank official.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register