LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kala (Private company employee)     30 November 2012

Property issue

Site is in my father-in-law's name. 2 floors has been constructed from the loan amount taken in the name of my husband. My husband's contribution towards the construction of the house is almost 80% and now the last 20% is getting cleared by my father in law and my husband's brother. Due to the family issue they made us stay in a rented house and in the constructed house all my in-laws(mother, father, brother in law and his wife) are staying.

Now we want the money that is being invested but my in-laws say the owner of the building is my father - in-law and my husband doesnt have any rights over it. They are neither allowing us to enter the house or allowing us to stay there.

So pls suggest if my husband has  any rights over it?Or can we bring this issue to the court for the settlement? Also suggest what can be done to get our money back....

Learning

2 Replies

Shantilal Pandya ( Advocate)     30 November 2012

Your husband should file a  suit for partition  of the property claiming rateable interest in the property , there are other remedies for filing suit to claim right of residence therein restraining opponets from interfering with   excericise of such rights.

kala (Private company employee)     03 December 2012

The property is in HBR Layout near Lingarajapuram and the land is in my father-in-law's name. It is not ancestral.

Does my husband has the right to claim his share?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register