LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

B Singh (self)     29 November 2012

Difference between signature and name

Inherited property is equally divided among brothers and sisters and duly registered and mutations done on all names in the year 1998.  In the year 1999 elder  brother filed civil suit that the said property belongs to him by producing a simple affidavit of Rs.10/- duly attested from oath commission of the year 1990.  In the affidavit there are signatures of all brothers and sisters stating No Objection of surrendering their property to elder brother. In the affidavit even my name is written but I am not actually aware that how my name is written because for signing any documents I have never changed my signatures since 1985 and on passport, driving licence in banks my signatures are same till now.  I have checked the date on the affidavit which shows that I have written my name but during that period I was far away and medically sick as per my service records.  Although the matter is pending in the court.  My question is that can I prove that since 1985 till date I have not changed my signature and name written on the affidavit is although in my handwriting but not my signatures.  Can my signature take weightage in the court by proving that since 1985 till date I have not changed my signatures.  Moreover when the inherited property is equally divided and registered and mutated done on all name then how can this simple affidavit be valid. 

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register