LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MARUTHI (INDIVIDUAL)     28 November 2012

Relinquishment

My father died in2012 without executing will. we are two sisters one brother and mother.

A relinquishment deed was executed by me on Rs850/- stamp paper and registetered in 1992 in favour of my father, sister and brother stating  " I relinquish all rights on movable and immovable properties due as per succession law in leiu of receving Rs 50000/- "

Is this valid ? as

1. no properties were defined

2. One of class I legal heir i.e my mother name is not present

3. What happend to properties acquired by my father subsequent to execution of deed

Learning

3 Replies

surjit singh (Assistant)     28 November 2012

Your qeurry is not clear. whether the property relinqished by you was a self acquired property of your father, if that is so your relinqish deed doesnot have any value.

MARUTHI (INDIVIDUAL)     30 November 2012

Sir,

it is self acquired property and most of the property was acquired sub sequent to this deed. If you also eloborate the reasons for not having the validity of this deed it will be a great help

Thank you

surjit singh (Assistant)     02 December 2012

In your case the date of relinquishment deed is more important, since there is no specific property defined in the deed. As regard the property acquired by your father after that relinquishmnet deed I think you have got a right in it because there is no will executed by your father in favour of anybody.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register