LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

hameed (dfafd)     20 November 2012

certificate copy shows regisdered GPA cancelled

I have a question. Developer X entered into irrevocable GPA in 1987. Later developed layout and sold individual plot after DTCP approval in 1989. Now i am trying buy plot in this layout from first owner. First owner has valid sale deed registered in 1989. However i applied certificate copy of above said. GPA AT registrar off. The certificate copy shows a NOTE th.at this GPA doc is cancelled during 2002. Pls. Let me know whether this cancellation after 13 yrs is valid. And your comments abt this issue please.

Learning

2 Replies

Ravinder Kaushik (Proprietor)     21 November 2012

hameed,

according to me the GPA remained valid for  two years i. e 1987-1989 & the act and agreements made during this period by the GPA holder will remain legally valid .

so, if the plot owner who purchased the plot during this period, then there is no issue to worry.  i am not able to understant how an irrevocable GPA got cancelled.

if so then also no worry. u only see that plot owner purchased the plot during validity of GPA.

Ravinder Kaushik

hameed (dfafd)     21 November 2012

thank  you. one more point I forgot to mention.  That GPA is registered one at registrar office during 1987.

And to provide more clarity, when I checked "certificate of copy", I got to see the "Registrar's Note: saying that this document got cancelled during 2002.

However, from 1987 when registered GPA given to developer X, X developed layout and sold all plot within 1989.

my question further:

1. whether sale deed registered in 1989 is valid one since registered GPA cancelled during 2002?

2. Incase of any issues later on due to this, whether any legal validatiy over here on cancellation of GPA.. does it affect the sale deed/title made during 1989.

thank you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register