LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

auro (HR)     12 November 2012

Retention of original slc by college

Hello Sir/Ma'am, I need guidance on why College retains our Original School Leaving Certificate(SLC) and refuses to give back even after completing Graduation?.

I have tried many times to get my certificates back but the college management does not give any positive reply. They don't even know under which section or law of UGC it has mentioned of retaining Original Certificate.

The reason I want my School Leaving Certificate back is because today in almost every field we require to produce our SLC. Be it for Passport application or Employment etc etc. Every time I don't want to waste my time in going to college and get an affidavit from them and pay the fees for the same.

Why they keep original Certificates? What will they do with it?

Lets face the reality that after 10 or 20 years they will eventually won't be keeping each and every students school leaving certificate. So what's wrong if it is with us?

More over I have lost my Birth Certificate unfortunately due to shifting in new house. So school leaving Certificate is the only proof I have left which has mentioned my Date of Birth.

So I need your help in getting my certificate back because I think what belongs to me must be given to me.

Also please don't hesitate to correct me anywhere.

Thank You.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register