Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

seetha (software engineer)     06 November 2012

Owner not returning full advance amount

Hi All,

I am posting in this forum to get a legal opinion on this matter. we had rented a house 7 months back and had transferred 1.3 lakhs as deposit to the owner. The owner had not got the house painted or cleaned but we had did it ourselves. So I had discussed with owner and had striked out the clause of deducting painting charges at the time of vacating the house. we had recently vacated the house and the owner has deducted 5000 rupees from the advance. He says according to Bangalore norms he is deducting the amount. But, all the painting and cleaning was done by us and we have the bill for same. Now, there is no reason he could deduct 5000 just for the sake of it. I have the original rental agreement also. Please advise if this is a case eligible for consumer court. However less is the amount, dont want to accept some unnecessary deductions. Please advise.

Learning

1 Replies

surjit singh (Assistant)     06 November 2012

This is not a case for going to the consumer forum but you can approach the civil court with a suit for recovery of the Rs. 5000/-. But one thing should be taken into consideration that for recovery of Rs. 5000/- if you engage an advocate it will be a costly affair.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register