LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

khurram (partner)     01 November 2012

Worse service by hp

I bought new HP Desktop p6-2030IN with HP 18.5” LCD SN CNC138Q0KZ from Computer Land Nehru Place Delhi on 23-02-2012.

There is problem in LCD some black spot appeared at bottom screen. I complaint this HP Toll Free No. Call Centre. Service Executive came form (Redington India Pvt Ltd) and took the snap shot of desktop and went back.

Later I received a phone call that we are not able to repaired or replace this LCD because its physically damaged and it comes in out of warranty. There is no physically damage problem at all in LCD black spot sudden appeared automatically. Two times my hard disk has failured  and i lost my most important data. Who is the responsible for my Data?

Many times i have done the telephonic conversation with Redington India Pvt Ltd(Service Centre) Executives and its higher authority of HP but i dint get the appropriate respond.

I spend 31,000 rupees on this dektop but HP gives me worse service. My Desktop is still under warranty.

What should i do now? i want to take this matter in legal without consumer court?

Kindly Suggest and help me out?

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 November 2012

Do you have complaint/transaction numbers issued by CCE?

If not you may mention that complaint number was denied to be issued to you.

As telephonic conversations have not helped you, now you should resort to written representations.

You may escalate the details to local BM, MD, and Company Secretary, Nodal Officer/Appellate Authority of the company and supplier and ask them to treat it as a notice and company should beg apology in writing.

In your first representation {title it as NOTICE} to HP, supplier, you may narrate all previous representations {by phone/email/in person quoting phone numbers, date of call, name of company, company personnel etc}and demand replacement of defective equipment, and payment of compensation { as deemed fit by you and give separate detail of actual costs on phone calls, emails etc for refund} so as to reach you say in next 7 days or you shall be constrained to approach the institution of print an electronic media, police, anti fraud cell, regulators, NGO’s, consumer help groups, legal-social-public portals, lawyer/law firm, courts of law etc. at their cost and consequences.

If company approaches you on phone { record the call}you may demand that competent official of the company may come to you at appointed time with all call recordings etc on appointed time, date, venue given by you.  You may ask the company official to show his/her original ID and record the meeting {audio/visual. Mobile comes handy.} And handover copy of the written representation, and minutes of meeting to company’s official under acknowledgment.

You may take crowd of well wishers to the office of the local BM and create enough noise so that the company gets moving. However record everything and submits minutes under acknowledgment.

If nothing works you have the option of issuing legal notice, filing a complaint in consumer Forum.

There are consumer help groups which have done good job, you can approach them too e.g:

www.grahakseva.com/

pehredar@network18online.com

You can approach them too.

Baskar Govindaraj (advocate)     01 November 2012

You can file the consumer complaint before the consumer disputes redressal forum (
Consmer court) against the HP, definetly you will get the refund of your money or replace of new one instead of old one  long with compensation from the HP becuase the said desktop is comes under warranty within warranty period 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register