LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

How to expedite cic order

Hon'ble Sri ML Sharma in a path breaking decision over ruled both CPIO and First Appellate Auth Canteen Stores  Department Adelphi, Mumbai GOI MoD ordered t on 27 Aug 2012 to provide the appellant information sought on 28 Jan 2011.on registration numbers issued to all URCs being run by the Regular Military Units as well as by the Non-Regular Military Establishments as per para 6 of Army Order 19/2003. The CPIO sought exemption under Section 8(1)j of the RTI Act 2005. The First Appellate Auth went a step further invoked an ION (Inter office order ) of the JAG Br of Army to claim that URCs are not under RTI Act 2005.

Hon'ble Sri ML Sharma was told during hearing on 27 Aug 2012 that Info was asked was always available and hence they are now ready to provide the details now to the appellant. They were not punished or penalised due to magnanimity of the concerned IC.Further the order dated 27 Aug 2012 came with a rider. They were to disclose the numbers of URCs thus registered and need not disclose the location of the URCs though never asked for. The appeallant asked for numbers of deepndency on each registered URCs being run by Non -Regular Military Est of the Defe as well Offence sorry Home Ministry which includes the Defence Audit Departments who are supposedly mandated to audit and question irrationality of the decision taken bleeding the exchequers.Canteen Stores department is one such white elephant where Govt of the Day spent crores only to build up crores of profit transferred onto the non-public cum private Funds of the military as well as department of Def as well as Offence Sorry Home establishments.

The CPIO CSD is unfazed. No info has since been provided against that order order of Hon'ble Sri ML Sharma, IC CIC on 27 Aug 2012. My mails both to Sri KL Das Dy Registrar at IC (LS),CIC and GM CSD are not even acknowledged.

What should be my next course of action?

Learning

5 Replies

tarunexports (CEO)     02 November 2012

You may file Complaint under Section 18 of RTI Act 2005 for non implementation of Hon'ble CIC order before Hon'ble CIC. This works because the Hon'ble Commission has powers and inclination to punish the learned CPIO under Section 18 of RTI Act 2005 for dis-obeyance of its orders.

(Guest)

Thanks I will do that earliest possible.

(Guest)

I have submitted the appeal to CIC u/s 18 of the Act. Yet to receive any reply. Sending email to Dy Registrar KL Das reminding him about it but nothing heard at all. What should be my next move. I have not received info from CPIO Canteen Stores Department and there is rejoinder from CIC as they did for Ma Sonia Gandhi.

tarunexports (CEO)     20 November 2012

There is pendency of six to eight months in Hon'ble CIC as far as Complaints filed under Section 18 are concerned. The CIC does not send a receipt bur shall send you notice of hearing in 6-8 months depending on backlog but you can log in thier web site and find the status of your complaint on line from there.

You have to wait for 6-8 months for your turn and in the meantime send a copy of your complaint to CPIO also.

hd

(Guest)

In my case CIC/ .../000051 had been heard by Hon'ble Sri KL Sharma who is considered too friendly to Def Min officials but delivered a truncated order in my favour. on 27 Aug 2012. I was not present but bothe CPIO and the Fisrt Appellate Auth from Canteen Store Deptt , Adelphi , Mumbai c/o Min of Def c/o GOI were present. CPIO had been ordered to provide me the info sought ( namely to provide me a) Number of Registration issued by the CSD to URCs being run by the Regular Military Units b) No of URCs being run by Non -Regular Miliatry Establishments ( eg Controllers of Defence Acct s(38 of them and growing), CSD and its 34 Depot, DGQA, DRDO and such civilian outfits which has nothing to with welfare of Troops for which those URCs are supposedly being run at a huge costs to tye nation with profits however going astray). Hon'ble Sri Sharma gave the judgement with a rider that " location of the URCs need not be given". Though in his earlier orders umpteen number of them he has denied info on URCs admitting CPIO/ARMED FORCES appeal that they are private ventures and not instrumentality of the state hence out of RTI domain.

And true to his characteristics he has not given any any time limit so that such a situation is arisen.Now another appeal another six to 8 months , by this time God forbids that hon'b;e Sharma may be the next CIC.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register