LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

g k gupta (others)     23 October 2012

Title of a minor co-owner

I purchased my house in 1968, my yongest brother was minor at that time. I had invested 50% of the money in the house by my earnings and rest 50% was lended by my father. With sheer love and care i added name of my  brother in registoy hence BENAMI. With my father being legal guardian for my younger brother we became joint owners. What will be my legalTitle in the property now?. Is BENAMI Act 1981 applicable in this case?. As per the registory my brother was minor at the time of purchase his title comes after death of my father as inheritance, but i also inherit my fathers investment, so does my legal title should include 50% of my fathers investment?. Am i entitled to 75% of property, with my own being 50% and 1/2 of my fathers investment of 50% in purchasing the house?. my brother has sold 1/2 undivided HUF without my knowledge or consent when i was out of India for certain period of time. Can Co-sharer sell undivided share to stranger behind the back of other owner without giving any notice or information?

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register