LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

i m crazzy (None)     02 October 2012

Wife harrasing

My wife is harrasing me daily and even she is not leaving my home and misbehaving with all family members and she is also not ready for the divorce What action should i take against her to stop the harrasment against me and my family members.

Learning

14 Replies

rahul (director)     02 October 2012

file a complain/ information in local police station and keep a stamped copy for future use, if you file divorce after 1-2 years,,

and repeat this thinking on a regular interval of time,

this will sternghten your argument that she harrseing you, 

i m crazzy (None)     03 October 2012

But What If Police Come To My House Andrasing  Enquire Her That Why She Harrasing Me And If She Denied To Police That I M Not Harrasing Him He Is Harrasing Me.

andz (clerk)     03 October 2012

-good thinkning , and yes that too is possible and make sure your FIL is not some DGP or some politician . . .

-do write a letter with RPAD to your inlaws and bring the facts to her parent's or relatives or your common friends/acquintaces . . . . and also write to her bringing on what's going in your mind and what kind of changes you expect that could help you two lead a happy life . . .

-and when you post next do think and post that what kind of acts made you think she's harassing you or your parent's ?? , . . . . . may be she's just trying to exercise what is her right ?

- hope this info is of some help . . .

regards

anand

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     05 October 2012

Harrassing and misbehaving with family members are vague terms. You keep a diary and record in it instances of her harrassments and misbehaviour with family members with necessary details. Use it for reporting to police. If your wife denies to the police, she can be cross-questioned to find out whether she is consistent. Most probably she will not be.consistant, if she was lying.

If your FIL is DGP or a politician, establish contacts with suitable NGO's and the media. Politicians are afraid of them.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     05 October 2012

Now-a-days 24X7 remote surveillance cams are economically available in open market under OGL (open general license). Buy few sets and install from bedroom to nature’s call room.

But before installing do two things;

1. Write an matrimonial grievance application to Jurisdiction Police and take stamped / signed receiving asking them to help.

2. After above, take wife an a weekend outing thy name “let us discuss out our issues and do entertain her to her hearts content” and while you are out on such weekend let the installation of surveillance cams be setup at your home as per opening para suggestion.

Now see, it was duty of Police to object first of all the moment you gave them your grievance. Secondly it was again the duty of the Police to set up mediation / reconciliation by escalating matter to Legal Cell. They failed collectively. 

Once you collected enough proof via opening para produce the same in un-tampered media set along with other “mental cruelties” grounds and now Court cannot object to your “methods to means” when already earlier Public Authority i.e. “Police” did not first gave you help nor object to such evidence collection.

What was the option left to a married husband and his side’s of family in absence of any valid proof?

Simple and straightforward way only if you can do it for a very long term remedy!

Let other writers here argue with me “invasion of privacy blah blah” I can handle such comments legally, meanwhile you proceed on above suggestions atleast I feel one victim husband getting justice as remedy from his lifetime’s miseries.  

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     07 January 2013

what exactly is the behaviour that you feel as harassement.

why do you want her to leave home?  There is no law to compell her to leave your house. Even proprietorship rights of you and your family will nto help.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     07 January 2013

There has been nothing in the loop for 3 months. Is the complainant still watching?

i m crazzy (None)     08 January 2013

Hiii Guys I m Still Watching The Post By U All ... 

Now The Situation Has Changed She Has Leaved My House And Gone To her Mothers House .. 

So What Should I Do Now ...

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     08 January 2013

You did not answer my questions and then kept quiet for 3 months. Now you say that your wife has left. It may be too late . Still I suggest. It is quite possible that this may not be a case for lawyers. Law is incapable solving certain problems and hence lawyers too.

I have to indirectly conclude that you are living with your parents, brothers and sisters.All the family members listed by me may not be there.

How long are you married? Are you the eldest? Are the parents of your wife living? Has she got siblings?

When a girl marries and comes to the marital home, there is a sudden change for her. She would be alone among persons, who may appear strangers to her. There will be jealousy between your wife and other female members in the house. Such jealousy creates a mindset and the mindset creates competitiveness, unnecessary imaginations and irrational dislikes. It could be possible that yours is not a case for lawyers and law-courts but for a competent psychiatrist. At first you complained that your wife was not leaving. After being silent for 3 months now you say that your wife has left. Now she has done exactly what you wanted. But it makes reversal of things diffcult. Still if you give all the particulars as you would give in a submission to a court, some suggestions are possible.

rajiv_lodha (zz)     08 January 2013

What is ur aim now? remedy depends upon this

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     08 January 2013

what is the quey right now at this stage after three months

i m crazzy (None)     14 January 2013

Hi ... Everyone . 

i was little bit busy thats why i was unable to reply back . 

I should tell you the complete story that i get married in feb 2008 and she is not able to stay with me as there are many ellegations put by her like Drink and abusing and the things which can safe her . She belongs to Gujrat and she is very open and free mind girl who did not want any restrictions in her life and my family culture is Rajasthani than also we have supported her and My family has treated her as daughter than also i dnt know what she want . 

Few months back i have found that she is using Facebook on her mobile and having chat with male friends and one of the guys has msg him like sweetheart and all . Also she is sending her pics to the guys thru mail which i have seen and recorded with soft and hard copies than i informed to her mother that she is doing such activity and what should i do now than she told i will ask him not to do such activities and all . 

Than also i have asked him to start again and forget everything dnt know why but she went to her home 12 days before and his brother came to our house and discussed the matter . he told that we will try to sort it out and ask her to be with you and let him prepare for that for a month. So i told ok you can take her .

She has also told me that if you will make issues and if i will put any ellegation on her she will also put false elegattion which i have recorded in my laptop in which she has given her statement that we havent asked you any dowry and all . 

We dont have any kids and we got married in feb 2008 she has no father one mother and Elder Brother Who is in Govt Job . I m Living With My Parents And I have One Younger Brother With No Sisters , My father is in private job , Mother is Housewife , Younger Bro Is in Private Job , I am Self Employed . 

She is Educated And Have Done BA And Post Graduated ( PGDCA ) 

She went to her home 12 days before now i think that if she put any case or goes to court for maintanance and dowry ellegation what should i do or prepare to safe me and my family without knowing them. 

Thanks

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     14 January 2013

So drinking and abusing is her allegation.  You have not denied it.

Anyway get Anticipatary bai for entire family and if anyone is in Govt/PSU service he has to intimate bail to his deptt.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     15 January 2013

As Mr. Sudhir Kumar says "drinking and abusing her" are her complaints. There are many people, particularly in the middle classes, who cannot tolerate even moderate drinking. If you had abused her, you must have become really drunk. I can understand her predicament. Do not drink at home. If you cannot stop drinking, drink outside only moderately. In any case do not come home drunk. Never abuse her even if she had done something and you get provoked. Good husbands never abuse nor beat their wives. Even a single slap is bad.

The jealously between a mother-in-law and a daughter-in-law is universal. A mother always wants her son married and wishes to have a daughter-in-law. But when the real daughter-in-law appears in flesh and blood, attitudes change. If there is quarrel between your mother and your wife you will not be able to solve it. It would be better that you stay separately. Staying separately doesn't mean that you abamdon your parents nor that you are a joru ka ghulam. There is nothing wrong if you respect your wife and her feelings or even if you are a little bit afraid of her.

But everything said and done, it is better to be always cautious and take pre-emptive actions against 498A and D.V.Act.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register