LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Praveen Soni (Home)     18 September 2012

Land documents not available

My father had purchased a piece of land in Harayana State from his sister few years back.Having faith on her he didn't made any legal records then.Now on asking for the documents,she is refusing to give. My other relatives are the witness of that transaction. Pls advise me to proceed.

Learning

2 Replies

Bhawani Mahapatra (Law Officer)     18 September 2012

Dear Praveen

Pl. let us know few facts & figure about your problem before getting solutions.

1. Few years means how many year back ??

2. Is there any hand not (promisory note) of receiving money as consideration of the land ??

3. Presently who is in possession of the said land ?

4. If your father is in possession, then since when ??

5. Is there any remark regarding your father's possession over the land in Govt. record ?

6. Who is paying property tax etc for the land and in  whose name ??

7. Are the person who has witnessed the transction of money for land ready to depose the same before court, if required ?

Praveen Soni (Home)     18 September 2012

Dear Sir Thank you very much for prompt reply.

1. Few years means how many year back ??-10 Yrs

2. Is there any hand not (promisory note) of receiving money as consideration of the land ??-No,only verbal discussion

3. Presently who is in possession of the said land ?--Its vacant land only without any construction on it, but he had kept stones and sand (raw material) for construction since 2008

4. If your father is in possession, then since when ??--??

5. Is there any remark regarding your father's possession over the land in Govt. record ?--No

6. Who is paying property tax etc for the land and in  whose name ??--Since its in village area,i think no property tax.

7. Are the person who has witnessed the transction of money for land ready to depose the same before court, if required ?--Yes

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register