LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MOHAMMED (engineer)     13 September 2012

Getting married to elder girl important) plz help

HELLO TO EACH AND EVERY ONE PRESENT HERE... AM FROM TAMIL NADU , I HAVE A SERIOUS DOUBT PLS HELP ME OUT FROM THIS CONFUSIONS..... AM A MUSLIM GUY AND IN LOVE WITH A MUSLIM GIRL BUT IS IS ELDER TO ME OF 3 YEARS .IT MEANS AM 25 AND SHE IS 28 BUT WE BOTH ARE INTO RELATION FOR 6 YEARS AND READY TO GET MARRIED SHEZ DIVORCED NOW . BUT MY PARENTS AND HER PARENT ARE AGAINST OUR MARRIAGE .SO WE HAVE DECIDED TO GET AWAY FROM HOUSE AND GET MARRIED AND SETTLE DOWN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE . HAVE TRIED CONVINCING BOTH SIDE NOTHIN WORKED OUT. SO PLS SUGGEST ME IDEAS . IS THAT POSSIBLE THAT I CAN MARRY A ELDER GIRL ACCORDING TO LAW ? WHERE CAN I GET REGISTERED IS TAT ALLOWED? WAT R THE PROCEDURES? HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO GET MARRIED?MEANS PROCEDURES? WILL THERE BE ANY POLICE CASE ?WE BOTH ARE MAJOR PLS HELP ME OUT HOW TO SORT OUT THIS AND IS TAT POSSIBLE I CAN GET MARRIED TO HER ACCODING TO LAW .WAT R THE NECCESSARY DOCMENT REQUIRED?????

Learning

7 Replies

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     13 September 2012

respected querist,

if you both are major then you can get marry each other with your consent and no one can stop you legally,there is no matter that the gal is elder then you ,you can get your marriage registerd in the court under special marriage act and at any place in india ,police can not harsh you however police can make search of you after receiving a complaint of lost and fled by yours parents ,however if you have any threat from your parents or relative then yopu can also demand police protection from the court,all the best for your upcoming life,feel free to call on 9459321520 if you have left any query.

MOHAMMED (engineer)     13 September 2012

Dear Mr Anish ,

Thank u for ur information so there so prob with age issue am happy abt it.,.   since am workin abroad i will get her from home and how long will it take to get married(days)  will this procedure takes more than a month ? pls clarify

and regarding police i guess there will not me any prob because we both ar major and came out on our own will so there will not be any prob i guess so . am i rite?

regarind document registration? 

under special marriage act  is this for foreign residence or for indian citizen to? i need to get married soon is this act easy for it...

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     14 September 2012

dear querist ,

you are major so no problem with the police , you can get married within 1 hour under special marriuage act depending upon the burden of the court ,indian citizen can marry under special marriage act , but it takes 2 or 3 months to get the marraige certificate which is globally valid however the temprory certificate is issued during the same day of marriage which is also accepted through out.

one more thing as you told that the girl is divorcee, pls assure she should spend the time of iddat before doing marraige if she is muslim otherwise marraige will become void,feel free to call on 9459321520 if you have left any query,can also suggest you marriage registrars/courts where work load is less and you can get married soon. all the best .

MOHAMMED (engineer)     14 September 2012

Dear mr. Anish Am really happyy with the boost by u. . As I was left so sadly confused u helped me in greats ways. So am ready to go with special marriage act. Wen am into court wat is the procedure for the documents that I have to produce and will the witness be required. Ii don't have any or I can't arrange any rather than my friends possibly. So with in 1 hour if so I get married and even received the temporary marriage certificate can i take her abroad . ? Will that certificate be valid to say she iss mmy wife for visa procedures? Ofcouse she is complete wit here iddat period. . Wen I get married in court. Will the court informs to our home address or sumthing lik tat. Will our parents or some one will cum to know or this marriage under special act will be among us and court ?? Pls let me know regarding witness ? Document ? And under special act marriage will court convey this to our home people for no objection etc lik tat??? Because if house peopple cums to know they will create unwanted prob so It created lots of time waste and my job abroad? So plz let me know

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     14 September 2012

There is no problem/harm in marrying an elder girl, except the fact that female organ develop faster than that of male.

You may marry and enjoy, no one can challange after getting it registered with Registrar of Marriages

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     15 September 2012

@ Dr. JC ,

DEAR ADVISOR you are requested not to advise experts opinion regarding particular fiel like you have given in physical development of female, if you are medical expert then dnt give legal advise and express your expert opinion on queries where medical opinion is required and i had send you the legal notice regarding this .

MOHAMMED (engineer)     15 September 2012

DearMr Anish, Pls clarify myy last reply I have send u. .The way u explain things am really gettin far better. I hope u will help me out for the last reply I have sent u?? Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register