LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jack Twister (General Manager)     05 September 2012

How to get 2 official names.

My name is "Sumeet Shekhar". I have got "Sumeet Shekhar" in all my documents including Passport and PAN card. But since my college days people use to know me as "Jack Twister". What is the procedure I have do so that I can officially use "Jack Twister" as my 2nd/alternative name.

With Regards,

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     05 September 2012

Officially only one name will be there. No 2nd name entertained officially. If you want to change your name, there is a procedure. you have to get it printed through official gazette notification.For  f that you have to obtain police clearance certificate, MRO certificate and news papers publishing etc. 

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     05 September 2012

1. Not possible to use officially Jack Twister as "2nd. offical name" or as a matter alternatively BOTH as and when it pleases a person.
2. There is no such provision as per current Indian Laws called 2nd. offical name. What Law allows is only "name change". Otherwise tomorrow someone else will come here and say in college this name I was popular so that is 2nd. offical name, after marriage my wife gave me this nick name so that is my 3rd. offical name and now-a-days my overseas boss calls me by this nick name so this is my 4th. offical name and now my parents who are retired they feel calling me by this nick name so that is my 5th. official name......................
3. However via a
declaratory decree from a competent Court you can use Sumeet Shekhar aka Jack Twister” as new offical name and after decree you need to change all public documents to this new name.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register