Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ankit Dhir (Team manager)     01 September 2012

Tenant issue

Hi All,

I'm living in Dwarka (New Delhi) on rent in a 3 bedroom apartment paying 15500/month. I shifted to this house in March 2012. There are three blocks to this society apartment. When I shifted there was some minor looking construction work was being done in another block. I asked property dealer about it and he said that it's nothing and it'll be over in few days. Two months after I shifted here, they started the construction work in my block as well. When I asked other society members about it, I came to know that the building is in very bad shape and it's being repaired. It'll take 2 years.

Since labor work all day long to break different parts of building and remaking it, Due to too much noise, no one in my family can rest. 

Last month, they rammed down the balcony of my room to make it again and ever since they’re practically working in my balcony making it impossible to live here.

I told my landlord that I want to vacate this house by giving one month notice as agreed in the agreement. But he said if I leave before 11 months, I’ll need to pay 10000 extra as he'll have to do the whitewash again.

Just three days back, the person living in the apartment below mine (I’m on 2nd floor) called me and told me that the bathrooms and one of the bedrooms of my apartment are in very bad condition. When i went to his house, I saw that there is water dropping from ceiling of bathrooms and one room. Plaster of bathrooms was also removed to an extent that I was able to see iron rods of the base of my bathroom.

He told me that a notice was sent out to all landlords AN YEAR BACK, for the repair of bathrooms as they are in bad condition. I contacted management and took a copy of that notice, it was sent in September 2011. This means he deliberately gave me a defective house. When I called him about the same, he said we’ll see if it can be repaired… and you’ll have to manage with one bathroom till then.

Please confirm if I can do anything against this guy legally.

Learning

2 Replies

Adv Rohit Dalmia 9324538481 (Lawyer)     01 September 2012

Dear Ankit,

The facts which you have stated shows that the landlord had deliberately cheated you by not disclosing proper facts to you.

you can move out from the premises. but need to check the terms and conditions of the agreement before giving any advice.

you may forward the gareeemnt copy on: onlyrohit2003@yahoo.co.in

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

Radesh (Estimator)     01 September 2012

i have a property which my father has gifted me. my father had given this vacant site for rent in the late 70's at rs650.00. i asked this tenant to vacate the site and handover the possession to me. now that i am the rightful owner of the property and want to put up a commercial complex on it, the tenant is not vacating even though i have own the case of eviction in the lower court he has gone to the supreme court.

all the prices have gone up even the taxes have gove up but the he is not ready to give current rent and neither he is vacating the property. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register