LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Technologist (Business owner)     28 August 2012

Validity of a will

My brother who is an advocate in Kerala told me that the Will created by our mother becomes invalid if any of us reads it or become aware of its contents. Is this true by any Kerala statutes?

I don't want to file a declaration suit as my mother is living with my lawyer-brother is afraid of him and does not want to create hostile or dangerous environment during her old age.

My question is whether there is any validity about my brother's statement who is an advocate in Kerala telling me that Will becomes invalid if I come to know about it when my mother is alive.

What if Will is written in favour of him by threats and force to my elderly mother? Do I get a copy of the Will from the Registrar's office?

Learning

2 Replies

Adv. Meenakshi S (Advocate-Sra and Mhada matters)     29 August 2012

Really?

U can certainly  challenge the will  after death, if u feel its made under coercion, force threat, influence etc.

Technologist (Business owner)     29 August 2012

Is it true that under a Kerala State law, the Will becomes invalid if the children comes to know what is in it?  My brother is an advocate in Kerala and he is telling his brothers not to read the Will as it becomes invalid. Our mother lives with him and how could other brothers prove that the Will was created by undue pressure.. He could simply say that the Will was written in his favor becuase our mother was residing with him.

Is there a thing called equal division of mother's property for her children? I am the eldest son in the family. Do I get any special right to administer partition under marumakkathayam law in Malabar?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register