LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Abusing

is abusing justified in the eyes of law ???? i have contacted my husband many times for reconciliation on messages / emails........ but he abused me badly........ like he said he will sell me if i try to come back to him.... he threatened me that he will ill me mercilessly.......... on one hand he says in the divorce petition that i left my matrimonial home on my own and that i have deserted him.........vch is false..... now when i have contacted him for reconciliation then he abuses me......how court reacts on this ?

Learning

12 Replies

rahul (director)     19 August 2012

if you record this abuse conversation with him.. then it can be use against him divorce petition,  

(Guest)

in what way will that help me ?? i mean is there any chance that his divorce petition might get dismissed ?? since in the messages he also said that he is having an affair and that he can't keep 2 women... one has to go so i shud go ........ in what way can these help me ??

b man (Namaste)     20 August 2012

Dear Shivaliji,

As your well wisher I’m making these comments, please don’t take offence.

Going by what you have mentioned about your husband, it seems to me that you are better of without him. Why do you want to continue with this seemingly dead marriage?

Try to get your self a good settlement & get rid of him (divorce him). He is not worth it. No point in living with someone who doesn’t love, respect or care for you.

Warm regards

P.S: I’m not a lawyer

1 Like

(Guest)

Yes this if offence under law, If you have recording his said voice than you may prove otherwise not.

(Guest)

i do have all the messages in my mobile...... can these messages help in getting his divorce petition dismissed ??? what action can i take ??

rahul (director)     20 August 2012

what you will get dismissing his divorce petition? dismissing a divorce petition doesnt mean you will live withi him?

court cant order him to stay with you?

i think he is in better position,, even dismiss his divorce petition,, he already have his live-in lady,

if you say to judge that he hv affair.. then judge will try to convince you that why you wanna live with a man who is not '' yours''

i think he dont need divorce.. he already hv married like life... only u r missing your married life, not he

Ranee....... (NA)     20 August 2012

B Man nad Rahul are correct.

1 Like

(Guest)

Trying to sell you ??? He he he ........dont worry it can't happen even if he gives you for free :)

1 Like

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     20 August 2012

@Shivali

My advice is that leave this man alone and do not join him. I also wonder as my learned friends have stated above, that why would a girl who is being threatened to be kill would want to go back so badly to the death plank?

Additionally, when you have a case in court then you can always go to court and tell that you are ready to join you rmatrimonial home and that one chance in the interest of justice be given.. This will give you an alibi to defeat the agrument of your husband that you left the matrimonial home and not ready to join him. Simple! Isn't it? But I again insist on my first para.

//peace

/Saurabh..V

(Guest)

if a hubby abuses or threats his wife then wife should not go back to him....agreed........ does that mean getting a divorce will become easier for such a spouse ?? i mean courts should shut down in that ways..... and people who fight for years should abuse or give a threat so that contested divorce cases come to an end..... isn't it ?/

@ saurabh : thanks for the opinion...... i myself don't want to disclose these messages.......... but when i will file a reply to my hubby's divorce petiton.....then i will deny all his allegations plus i want to tell the court tthat in actual am not cruel rather he is cruel who uses such foul words........hence he should not get a divorce because hhis allegations are false....

Rajan Bhasin (Law Student)     20 August 2012

This is just "Kori Dhamkiyan".Dont worry......If recorded can be used in court.

(Guest)

@ rajan :ok..thanks for responding....in what way it will help me ?? can you please tell..... my hubby has filed divorce on the grounds of desertion and cruelty.... wen i messaged him for reconciliation..in return he abused me and gave threats.....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register