Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh (SWE)     17 August 2012

Please help

Hello,

I had to break my engagement recently due to my personal reasons.First the girl's father asked a compensation of 15 lakhs and inturn we told we can give a maximum of 9 lakhs.He is not convinced with that amount.Now he has registered a case under sections 417,420 & 506.Now my query is

1.Can we get anticipatory bail in this case ?

2.How many years the case may proceed ?

3.How mauch compensation the court may ask us to pay or is there any possibility of Imprisonment also?

4.Will the court ask the girl also to attend the court or me alone?

We have not taken any dowry and they are threatening us that they will tell that we have cancelled the marriage becuse of dowry only.PLEASE ANSWER........

Learning

3 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     17 August 2012

1. Yes you can get anticipatory bail, apply the Court of Sessions u/s 438 CrPC ASAP.

2.Nobody can tell If it's a frivolous case you can contemplate going in for quashing/discharge in which case the matter would end much sooner.

3. Normally in such sections there would be atleast some imprisonment if offence is proved, in absence of case being quashed on settlement.

4. Girl is required to attend only at the time of her evidence, or if she is plea bargaining.

5. Sincere Advise - contest cases diligently.

6. Why did you break off the engagement ? What Personal reasons ? elaborate on this

Good Luck

Bharat Chugh

Advocate - Delhi

1 Like

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     17 August 2012

Good reply Mr.Bharat

Rajesh (SWE)     21 August 2012

Originally posted by : Adv. Bharat Chugh

Dear Mr.Bharath,

Thank you for your answer.Can you please tell me what does these sections mean.Iam more worried that in your reply you have mentioned that imprisonment is also possible.I did not misbehave with that girl or used any abusive language(I read in google about sec506).Is there any possibility of imprision ment in other sections also.Please let me know.

After i got engaged i got a message to my mobile stating that she is his girl friend and she is a cheater.I asked the same to the girl and she told that it is totally false.As the message has been sent from the free message delivery system i could not trace him.later he asked me to enquire about the girls father and i found some nasty things about him .He has spoiled the life of one innocent lady and she committed suicide .I asked the same to the girl for which she told it is all a cooked up story and warned me for asking so many questions.

What ever the reasons may be i dont have proofs for that and the only thing i have is the messages that i recieved.The amount we have agreed to pay them is only to avoid some bad propaganda about our family.But those people are greedy and dragging us to court.

Can you suggest me what can i do now?

RAJESH

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register