LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pretanika (na)     06 August 2012

Gift property

I am the only daughter for my parents. My father is the only son and have other siblings(daugters) for my grand parents. My grand mom is alive. My father and Grand father are no more. My father siblings(Sisters) are alive. My grand mom gifted me a property(Its registered as a gift) . When my grand father was alive it was on his name and later went on to my grand moms hand and later gifted to me around 2008. Now is there any way my fathers sister can have rights on that property?

Learning

3 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     06 August 2012

Hi Pretanika,

1. Depends on how your grandmother got to acquire the property -if your grandfather left no will/gift - and property came down to grandmom, in that case they can very much claim. However their claim can be defeated on the grounds of limitation since they have not challenged all these years.

2. Consult a local advocate with chronological dates and events for him to reach the correct conclusion.

1 Like

Sree (na)     09 August 2012

If the property was self aquired and not the anscetral property of your grand father them no one has claims over the property other than to whom it's being gifted or in the name it's being registered........ Since you have mentioned that the property was gifted by your grand paa to his wife......

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register