LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Micheal Shasin (na)     27 July 2012

Socity and rti

is the society answerable to RTI requests from advocates?

Can/should society provide information to a defaulter member?

I am in Mumbai

Learning

5 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     02 August 2012

RTI lies nly against public bodies.

(Guest)

I have a similar query. The name of my apts society ( 25 Flats) registered with Registrar of Society , AP located at Hyderabad in Nov 2002. It is not known whether that has been renewed as the 6 of the seven office bearers have sold their respective Flats to others. There are certain things happening in the society which could best be avoided. (namely  House Tax exempted for the owners being Armed forces personnel is still being continued as neither the Sub-Registrar nor the New Civilian owners nor the field officers from the GHMC (Malkajgiri) is taking any action on the issue. I have info of exemptions for flats as on date black and white from the GHMC office. I ahve requested the society to initaite actions but nothing has happened. Can I ask for the info from the society action taken against my request under RTI Act? Will it be admitted? Can I petition Sub-Registrar or Registrar on the issue. Pl advice.

DEVENDRA (LAWYER)     05 August 2012

Please refer your state co-op. societies Act. Member of society can seek any infirmation under the provisions of societies act and not under RTI act. RTI Act is not attracted as your society is not govt. aided. Being a member you can approach to the registrar of societies.

ADV. DEEPAK PATWARDHAN (ADVOCATE)     05 August 2012

RTI IS NOT APPLICABLE. BUT MEMBER CAN SEEK ANY INFORMATION  UNDER SECTION 32 OF MCOP SOC ACT!!  BUT MEMBER SHOULD MAKE APPLICATION AND HAS TO PAY CHARGES FOR SEEKING INF.DEFAULTER IS NOT ELIGIBLE TO GET ANY INF. UNLESS HE CLEARED ALL HIS DUES (S.26)

(Guest)

https://knowledge.cgg.gov.in/Acts%20%20Policies/Societies%20Registration%20Act%202001.pdf

The above is the link to AP Society's Acts in vogue.Does this permit:-
a) To change eligibility for membership foran Flat Owners' Society.
b) Does this permit to authorise proxy votes for owners who are not in station ( his Flat is rented)?
c) Now to whom one should approach to enquire whether Regn of my society has been renewed or not?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register