Share More

Suresh Kumar (Sr. Manager (Taxation))     10 July 2012

Wrong account head excise duty deposit

Dear Sir,

Please advise, I have to deposit excise duty in PLA as undermentioned:-

Basic Excise duty Rs. 100000.00

Education Cess  Rs. 2000.00

S& H education cess Rs. 1000.00

But  by mistake while deposit the above amount by internet banking I deposit as under these account head: As per Internet cyber receipt:-

Basic Excise duty Rs. 2000.00

Education Cess Rs. 100000.00

S & H Education cess Rs. 1000.00

as per above the amount interchange with education cess of basic excise duty.  Now please advise whether I could adjust the Basic excise duty  form the education cess.  If not what is the soluation of this or I have to make fresh depsoit.  Please suggest as early as possible.

Thanks & regards

(Suresh Kumar)

Learning

3 Replies

Ramesh Chandra Verma (advocate)     02 December 2012

You have to made an application to the Pay & Accounts officer of your Excise Commissionerate alongwith a copy to the jurisdictional Commissioner, with the request to transfer the amount from wrong accounting codes to correct accounting codes. otherwise the department may issue a Show cause Notice for default in payment of excise duty in the light of rule 8(3A) of the Central Excise Rules,2002, which could lead to denial of utilisation of Cenvat credit with the direction to pay excise duty only through the PLA till the default is made  good.

Further you at your own can not change the head or utilise credit from one head of accounts to another.

r c verma, advrcverma@gmail.com

09810525780/ 0888 281 281 8

Ramchandra (Accounts Excutive)     19 June 2014

Suresh ji ,

Can you provide me your refund order of this case on my mail id:- ram_anupatel@yahoo.com

Thanks & regards

Mob. No.9136058701,9875005859,9784999077

Ramchandra (Accounts Excutive)     19 June 2014

because i have made the same mistake

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register