Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ibrahim (Not working)     07 July 2012

Cheated by friend

Dear Madam/Sir,

It is regarding one of my friend cheated me..

I had to take a gold loan from Muthooth Finance for a short period(one week) but there was some problem that i had to go to dubai next day for my work. That time one of my friend told me that he can take gold loan in his name(i am giving my gold bangle and he is helping me to take gold loan in his name bcos i had to travel next day) and he agreed that he will take gold from Muthooth and give to my father when my father give money after one week.

So i was very happy for his help and we went to Muthooth finanace . He took gold loan in his name for the amount of Rs: 165000/-(using my gold bangale) and i received the cash.

I went to dubai next day.

After one week my father gave him full amount for to clear gold loan and take the gold bangle back. But he used that money for his some personal purpose and did not take gold from Muthooth finance. He is gone to qatar and he is nt answering my call.

I do not have any proof or documents for this cos u know that  he was my good friend and he was helping me to take gold loan in his name for me. Everybody know this cheating story in our locals.

Can u pls reply...

Can i give any complaint against him for breach of trust or cheating when i can provide some witness from locals.

He told to one of my frined that if i give any police complaint, he will come and tell in court that he doesnot have any cash and he is ready to pay  monthly Rs: 500 installment.

Gold still in Muthooth finance.. it is become  245000 with interest.

If i give complaint... what will be proceedure..I want to get my gold bangle back.

How long will take these proceedure for  verdict..

My father is kidney patient ( he cannot take any tension ) so i came back from dubai after cancelling my visa for to solve this issue... can i demand componsation ?

His family is finacially sound but his father is not ready to clear this issue. There is no any property in his name but his father is one of the rich man  in our locals.

Can u pls help me giving your valuable advice when i am facing lot of financial and mental tention.

Learning

3 Replies

Adv Rohit Dalmia 9324538481 (Lawyer)     07 July 2012

Hi this is Adv. Rohit from mumbai. first tell me do you have a receipt of the gold bangale with you????

Kindly call me on 9324538481 for further assistance.

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     07 July 2012

Dear Ibrahim,

It would be extremely difficult for you to prove that you handed him the gold, which he pledged with the bank to get a loan. Do you have the reciepts of these gold items ? or any other proof that you are the real owner ? If yes then it's better to claim that you gave him the gold for safe keeping, he on the contrary pledged and took an amount. Implicate him in a criminal breach of trust matter, because civil remedies take years and only once criminal action is initiated would he be pressurised into givign the money back. I hope you've not made yourself visible in the loan transaction.

R.K Nanda (Advocate)     08 July 2012

You will have to send a legal notice to ur friend. to get back ur money.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register