LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sandeep (NA)     07 July 2012

Name change query

I am applying for a Passport but this issue regarding my Name came up for which the Passport Officials & Agenst say I require a Major Name Change by publishing in the newspaper.

Now the problem is in all School & College Certificates my name is "X Y Z"

Voters ID, Driving License - "X Y"

Birth Certificate - "Y"

The Agent who I saw for the Passport says its better to change the name to "X Y Z" & apply the passport in that name. But couple of other people say its better to change it to "X Y".

Which one should I opt for ? I have applied to a couple of Union Public Service Exams using name "X Y". After passing these exams I have to show all these documents.

Will this name change require I change the name in other documents as well ?

Don't want to have a General V.K Singh like issue anytime because of this.

Learning

7 Replies

Adv Rohit Dalmia 9324538481 (Lawyer)     07 July 2012

Hi! this is Advocate Rohit Dalmia from Mumbai.

You need to apply in the gazatte by giving your old names and the new correct names. This should solve all your problems for Passport and for other documents, if any. 

Need any assistance in the same you may call on 9324538481.

Sandeep (NA)     07 July 2012

@ Rohit - Thanks for replying.

I know a name change is required. I would like to know which form of my name will be better for me in the future.

Ramachandar Desu (Attorney)     11 July 2012

The issue is very simple and the name in the school certificates will be corect and retain the same.  for changing the name in the voter ID and driving license, give a requesition to the concerned authorities. follow it up and then you will see the things will happen on its own.

all the best

for furhter quiries:

tenaliramaadvocate@yahoo.co.in

or call 09845504107 between 6 to 8 pm in the evening. 

kiran Rawat (not now )     12 July 2012

Dear Sir,i want to  change my name , i have just given the exam of b.ed and right now I want to apply for M.A. and before applying in m.a I want to change my name.if I will change right now is it legel for my all previous document?.pls suggest and also suggest the first class magistrate office in delhi and ghaziabad.thanks /Kiran. 
and mail me-kiran.rawat90@gmail.com.

Adv Rohit Dalmia 9324538481 (Lawyer)     12 July 2012

Dear Kiran,

Name change procedure is very simple you need to apply in the Gazatte issued by the state Government in which Your Old Name will be replaced by the new name adopted by you. Copy of the gazatte should be sent to the relevant authorities alongwith your letter for name change in their record such as Banks, insurance Companies, RTO, Election Commission etc.

Incase you have any querry or need any legal assistance you may call on 09324538481.

Regards,

kiran Rawat (not now )     29 November 2012

dear sir, 

Thanks a lot to reply me but what about my previous educational  board documents in which i have my previous name .

and  right now iam in M.A. first year if i will change my name now than what will be my next session.is this applicable for the future?

Sathya (student)     29 June 2013

Sir , My name spellings are different in my School and College Certificates. Just one letter has  cut in college certificate. From the previous posts i can understand Gazette is one of  the solutions. It will take how much days sir. I have to apply for my Post Graduation Counselling with in this month.  Any other quick solution is available which should be accepted by university. Please reply me sir.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register