Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Susanna Ramoorthy (HR Generalist)     03 July 2012

Can minor child acquire ancestral property of her father ?

Can my minor child acquire the Ancestral property of her father?

Why i have to ask is , currently we are in a dispute for divorce, i am willing to divorce my husband, but i have to make my minor child's life safe , as she should get what she deserves.

The property is in my hus name, but his father(husabnd father) is still alive, husband's father got the property from his father....so is my minor child eligible for the property?

I am sure my husdnd's family will not be happy to share the property to the child, so i nedd legal help!

Is my minor child has legal rights for the ancestral property even if its NOT IN my husband's name , I MEAN MAY BE STILL IN MY HUSBAND'S FATHER'S NAME as he is still alive!!

Please help me....as i am facing a divorce in front of me.....

I need a legal help...........................

Learning

1 Replies

(Guest)

Dear Susaana,

When you are proceeding for divorce, make sure you seek and secure all the rights of your child. Your daughter though is minor does have right, share and interest in the ancestral property which is her indefeasible right. In the event, if the matter comes to mutual consent, make it clear before the court that your daughter is well guarded by the quantum of money if possible to the extent of her share in the ancestral property.

If your husband does not agree to it, then your daughter being minor can file suit for declaration, partition and possession as against her father and rest of the persons whose name the property is jointly held to have her share demarcated and partitioned and possession of which shall be given to her. In the said suit, you will have to prefer application U/Order 32 of Code of Civil procedure for seeking permission to file suit on behalf of minor daughter as and in the capacity of her natural guardian/next friend.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register