LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Trial judge should not show disrespect to caselaw

It manifestly appears from the text and tenor of the observations made by the learned Trial Judge in para nos. 31 and 35 of the impugned judgment that same do not conform with the judicial discipline and propriety, and apparently amount to disrespect, and therefore, the Registrar General is directed to take suitable action against the concerned Judge, if he is in Judicial Service. 45 In the result, present appeal, which is sans merits, stands dismissed and office to take necessary steps to initiate suitable 33 cra264.00
action against the learned Trial Judge.
Bombay High Court
The Maharashtra Government vs  Rajaram Digamber Padamwar on 8 April, 2011
Bench: Shrihari P. Davare

JUDGEMENT:
1 This appeal is directed against the judgment and order of acquittal, dated 14.3.2000, rendered by the Judicial Magistrate, First Class, Kandhar, in R.C.C. No. 284 of 1995, thereby acquitting the respondent no.1 i.e. original accused no.1-Rajaram Digamber Padamwar for the offences under Section 7(1) r/w Section 2(ia)(a) punishable under Section 16(1)(a)(ii) of the Prevention of Food Adulteration Act, 1954 (hereinafter referred to as, 'the said Act') and also acquitting respondent no.2 i.e. original accused 2-Mohammad Salim Haji Harun for committing breach of provision of Section 7(v) of the said Act and Rule of the Prevention of Food Adulteration Rules, 1955 (hereinafter referred to as, 'the said Rules') punishable under Section 16(1)(a)(i) of the said Act.

https://www.lawweb.in/2012/06/trial-judge-should-not-show-disrespect.html

Learning

1 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     20 June 2012

Thanks for sharing such unusual case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register