LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

TONTONY Das (prop)     19 June 2012

Registration of association

I would like to know, in Navi Mumbai, if a particular property has been registered under the societies act or the Associations Act of Maharashtra. 

this association is located at navi mumbai Belapur Area. 

there are several disputes in regards to mis management of this association and misappropration and badly handled expenses and funds raised by members. 

I would like to ask the following.

1. How can i know if this association named as "F-Type Flat Owners Association" has been registered under the societies act or the Associations act. ?
  2. I also would like to intimate the registrar of societies / associations to regulate and establish an governmenr administrator  on this particular society for the reason of mismanagement of funds and self driven desitions. 
  3. i would like to know the address of the registrar of societies for navi mumbai so that i can approach them for further perusal of complaints and their escalation.

kindly guide me 

thanks

shreeram mulay

Learning

2 Replies

M V Gupta (Advocate)     20 June 2012

The answers to yourqueries are as under:

Q1. The name "F Type Owners Association" suggests that it is registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1961. If it is a Coop Sty, the name would contain the words "cooperative Society Ltd" and you would have been given a share certificate in which all detais can be found. 

Q2. Submit complaint to the Charity Commissioner who is the registering authority for the Societies under the SR Act.

Q3. You may have to find out if there is Charity Commissioners office in Navi Mumbai. 

M V Gupta (Advocate)     20 June 2012

The answers to yourqueries are as under:

Q1. The name "F Type Owners Association" suggests that it is registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1961. If it is a Coop Sty, the name would contain the words "cooperative Society Ltd" and you would have been given a share certificate in which all detais can be found. 

Q2. Submit complaint to the Charity Commissioner who is the registering authority for the Societies under the SR Act.

Q3. You may have to find out if there is Charity Commissioners office in Navi Mumbai. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register