LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sameer Narasimha (Manager)     15 June 2012

Matter of resignation from trust

I am a senior trustee & Secretary of an Educational Society registered under the Societies Act as well as the BPT Act 1950. Sometime in 2001 our trust admitted a few new members since they promised us help in improving the infrastructure of the Institution (Buildings, Furniture etc). A certain person amongst them was elected as President likewise I was elected as Secretary. According to the Tenets of the Constitution, all powers are vested in the President. Since 2003  no meetings ie Executive meetings of the trustees or AGM's were called. We asked the President for an explanation but he always sent us the notices but never called a meeting.

In 2005 I visited the Charity Commissioners office and was astounded to find my resignation submitted along with the extracts of an Executive meeting sanctioning my resignation this CR had not been put on board after two years after submission. I immediately challenged the Change Report. I sought out every possible evidence to prove the falsity of the CR, accumulated documents showing that I was still functioning as a Secretary even after three months after the submission of the CR. The President has agreed in the Cross Examination that I had signed/counter signed documents along with him at the insistence of his Chartered Accountant. The President has accepted his relatives in the Trust on the basis of false documents, and receipts drawn without their mention in the Audit Report. 

My case rests as, can a person sign any document after the resignation being accepted and the Change Report filed.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register