Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shree. ( Advocate.)     30 May 2009

Apex court to rescue of junior lawyers!!!!

HOLIDAY ADVICE :Apex court to rescue of junior lawyers!!!!

After handing men some advice for a happy married life, a Supreme Court vacation bench headed by Justice Markandey Katju took up the task of improving the lot of junior lawyers who face a tough financial situation in the highly competitive legal profession.
Finding a large number of senior advocates present in the court and arguing cases, the bench comprising Justices Katju and Deepak Verma implored them to ‘‘leave the field for juniors at least during the vacation’’.
‘‘The vacation courts should be meant only for junior lawyers. This is the time they can make some money. They also have a house to run,’’ said the bench in a display of its soft corner for young lawyers who have a tough time — with few cases, little money, but a lot of work preparing cases for seniors who ultimately argue it in courts.
Senior advocates Abhishek Manu Singhvi and Mukul Rohtagi agreed with Justice Katju and said the Supreme Court should pass an administrative order that no designated senior advocate should appear before the vacation benches. Reluctant to pass an order to this effect, Justice Katju fell back on his persuasive skills and said, ‘‘All senior advocates should come to an understanding among themselves to leave the field during vacation for juniors.’’
What drew peals of laughter from all present and brought out wide grins from juniors was Justice Katju’s comment in Hindi, ‘‘Aap senior advocate log hamesha malai le jayenge to bechara junior kya saal bhar chach hi peeta rahega (If you seniors always take away the cream, what will the juniors be left with)?’’

Source:- The Times of India 26 May 2009 P.13 Delhi

Learning

7 Replies

CS Pooja (Company Secretary)     30 May 2009

Great !!!!!!!!!!!

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     30 May 2009

I have experinced comments of justice katzu since his elevation to bench in Allahabad and even when he was a lawyer.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     30 May 2009

So kind and Great!

Manasi Save (Legal Practioner)     30 May 2009

i very well agree with Hon'able  Supreme Court. With all due respect with senior members of our club but I certainly feel there should be a retirement age for seniors in our profession. It should be in a such way that a Senior Advocate should not be deprived of his/her right to livelihood but at the same time a junior lawyer gets oppurtunity to prosper ,of course professionally! 

hemkumar (advocate)     31 August 2009

very nice to hear this but it should be execution. let me see.....

hemkumar (advocate)     31 August 2009

very nice to hear this but it should be execution. let me see.....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register