Get Courses and Combos at Upto 50% OFF!
Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sonia Bhatnagar - DRF (Working Chairperson Democratic Rights Forum (DRF) [Foundation for Social Justice and Constitutional Awareness for Trial of Public Service] - Founder President : Ram Samudre)     31 May 2012

Central secreteriate - make accountable servants of people

APPLICATION FOR INFORMATION UNDER RTI ACT 2005

01 June, 2012

(Alias Tanuja Bhatnagar)

Working Chairperson,

Democratic Rights Forum

Email: drf.india@gmail.com

To:     Public Information Officer

All Ministry Offices of Central Government,

New Delhi.

I, Sonia Bhatnagar, as a citizen of India, required some information under RTI Act 2005, which is being kept & controlled by your office.  Please give the item-wise information for the year 2011 as mentioned in following 10 items;

Item No. 1 -

As per sub-section (2) of Section 4 of RTI Act 2005; it shall be a constant endeavour of every public authority to take steps in accordance with the requirements of clause (b) of sub-section (1) to provide as much information suo motu to the public at regular intervals through various means of communications, including internet, so that public have minimum resort to the use of this Act to obtain information.

The following information is required in this regard:

(i)                Please give me print-outs of Internet pages wherein the information as per section 4 of RTI Act 2005 has been published.

(ii)              Please also mention the website address at which the information has been published on Internet.

Item No. 2 -

As per sub-section (3) of section 4 of RTI Act 2005; for the purposes of sub-section (1), every information shall be disseminated widely and in such form and manner which is easily accessible to the public and as per sub-section (4); all material shall be disseminated taking into consideration the cost effectiveness, local language and the most effective method of communication in that local area and the information should be easily accessible, to the extent possible in electronic format with the concerned Public Information Officer, available free or at such cost of the medium or the print cost price as may be prescribed.  For the purposes of sub-sections (3) and (4), “disseminated” means making known or communicated the information to the public through notice boards, newspapers, public announcements, media broadcasts, the internet or any other means, including inspection of offices of any public authority.

(i)               Please give me certified copies of records showing as to where this information has been communicated to the public through notice boards, newspapers, public announcements, media broadcasts, the internet or any other means, during the year 2011.

(ii)            Please also mention the website address at which the information has been published on Internet.

Item No. 3 -

It has been instructed by the Government that all the public servants of Ministry / Secretariat including staff & secretaries should record their presence in Card Punching System / Biometric System regularly. 

(i)               Please give me computerised copy on Diskette (CD) of data records of Biometric Attendance Management System (Card Punching Records) of all the public servants.

(ii)            Please also give me the compurised / certified copies of leave records of the public servants who remained absent or on leave and their salary statements showing deduction / recoveries for the days of absent.

(iii)          Please also mention the website address at which the information as mentioned in item nos. (i) & (ii) above has been published on Internet.

Item No. 4

Please give me certified copy of circular issued for holidays.  Please also mention the website address at which it has been published on Internet.

Item No. 5

Please give me certified copies of work distribution with the names and designation of all public servants. Please also give me certified copies of records whereas the justification is available for sanctioned strength of the posts.

Item No. 6

Please give me certified copies of the orders / letters by which the public servants were specially during the period of Parliament sessions;

(i)                called in office on holidays

(ii)              detained in office after stipulated normal working time

(iii)            called in office before stipulated normal working time.

Item No. 7

Please give me certified copies of the orders / letters by which the public servants were;

(i)                 called in office on holidays for any reasons. Please also give me certified copies of records of compensatory off, if any, given to public servants in lieu of their presence on holidays.

(ii)              detained in office after stipulated normal working time for any reasons. Please also give me certified copies of records of concessions, if any, given to public servants in lieu of their detention after stipulated normal working time.

(iii)            Please give me certified copies of the orders / letters by which the public servants were called in office before stipulated normal working time for any reasons. Please also give me certified copies of records of concessions, if any, given to public servants in lieu of such call in office before stipulated normal working time.

(iv)            Please give me certified copies of all file notings / documents / record whenever disciplinary action have been initiated against defaulter public servants for misuse of office premises for personal affairs by unauthorised presence in office premises beyond the stipulated working time without written and justified orders;

(i)            On holidays

(ii)                        After stipulated normal working time

(iii)                      Before stipulated normal working time

Item No. 8

Please give me certified copies of letters / orders / circulars etc. whenever the public servants were nominated / sent for examination duties / election duties / census duties etc. other than the normal assigned job.

Item No. (9)

As it is mandatory for every public servant to submit periodical statement of immovable property, in every five years, they own and the same is falls under clause (f) of section 2 of the RTI Act 2005.  It is to note that neither such statements which are submitted to the Government’s record are not a third party information nor restricted under the provisions of section 8 of this Act.

Please give me attested copies of the Periodical Immovable Property Statement submitted by all the public servants for last 5 years specific for the years 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 till date.  Please also mention the website address at which the information has been published on Internet.

This information is most important in the aspect of the integrity of the public servants toward service to the people of the nation as to whether their public servants on the responsible and powerful posts owned the property within the balance of their earning & expenses or more than their earning from the known sources in that case the people of this democratic nation can take necessary legal action against the defaulter public servants.

Item No. 10

Please give me attested copies of statements / documents / records showing details of expenses occurred for ON-DUTY travelling by public servants by AIR / roadways / trains including in India and abroad.

---------------------------

The court fees stamp valued Rs.10/- affixed on this application toward fees for application for information under RTI Act 2005. 

I am ready to pay all required charges as per provision. 

I will personally collect the information for which I may be informed on my mobile phone number 93 24 34 54 54 / 93 222 46 333 or by speed post, to avoid delay in communication, whenever the information will be ready at yours.

Place: Kalyan, Thane.                           (Sonia Bhatnagar)

Date: 01.06.2012                               Signature of Applicant

Learning

2 Replies

Siddharth Khandelwal (owner)     05 June 2012

Madam,

You have asked several informations in the same application. It is better to ask specific questions.Please read the attached file.

Siddharth

Attached File : 622685689 b. seven surprising tips for writing good rti applications.doc downloaded: 100 times

Democratic Indian (n/a)     06 June 2012

RTIs are good tool to get information about corrupt practices. But the main question is do the corrupt actually get punished in the present system? For example Planning Commission, which estimated a poverty line figure of Rs 28 per day per person, lavished Rs 35 lakh on refurbishing two toilets in its headquarters. Also the commission has admitted in an RTI response, it has spent Rs 5.19 lakh in installing an access control system in the toilets. Entire news report can be read at https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Planning-Commission-splurges-Rs-35-lakh-to-upgrade-2-toilets/articleshow/13859666.cms

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register