LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     27 May 2012

Is it wise to donate money to charitable organisations

many of us may be regularly donating money to NGOs in india and feel very proud and satisfied that we have done a good karma.

likewise there are many rich people and celebrities who also donate money to NGOs and we praise them like anything.

but do we ever investigate to find out if this money is  really being used for those underprivileged people,for whose rights/dignity that NGO was started?

a few yrs. back,one of my frenz used to work in an NGO in another metro of india(not delhi) which is very well funded by rich people.it was started many yrs. back.hence it was well established.however the staff there is underpaid,serves catered to those underprivileged ones for whom it was started are pathetic and they don't even have adequate no. of tables chairs to work upon.

the condition of those underprivileged ones was also not so good and they had many grievances against the staff.

yet its staff will repeatedly telephone upper middle class and rich people,to pressurise them for donation! and those innocent fools will donate generously without caring to find out where exactly this money is being used!

a few of my relatives have been regularly donating to another NGO,which is getting enough funds from so many sources.the office of its superviisdor is fully AC but the condition of those underprivileged continues to be bad.this is have seen with my own eyes!

so they stopped donating,because they dont wish to give any more money to those people,whom they doubt,are spending money more on themselves and their individual families,and less on the underprivileged.

BTW,given the 100s or perhaps 1000s of NGOs in india which are working for children,elderly,orphans,poor,destitutes,etc for so long,the condition of such percentage of indians wud have been become excellent by now.BUT IS IT HAPPENING?

So i feel,it's better to donate ur hard earned money directly to the aggrieved person or his family after being fully convinced that they will spend it wisely,rather than giving it to an organisation,which we are not sure is really using this money for their welfare fully or using it to fill its own pockets...

PS-No offence meant to NGO owners.Some may be really striving to uplift the weak.However my post is targetting those which are corrupt...

Learning

1 Replies

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     27 May 2012

please share your views on this..........

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register