LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gangadhar (Consultant)     28 May 2012

Non delivery of pc even after taking full advance payment

I am a student studying in IX std. from Bangalore. I booked an Akash tablet PC  through
Dtawind corp, Amritsar (A company authorised by Ministry of HRD, GoI)  on March 20, 2012, with the help of my father Shri. Gangadhar Sharma.

While accepting the order (order no.PM86618) datawind promised that through an e-mail (to my father) that they will deliver the device before 31/03/2012 if an advance payment is made in full.

Accordingly, we sent them Rs. 2999 through a cheque  Dt. March 28, 2012 drawn  on ICICI bank, Bangalore in their favor. This has been dispatched to them by EMS speed post no. Ek463044471 in which they have recvd on March 31, 2012. 

They have cashed the cheque and pocketed the money. Of course they have acknowledged the receipt of the money through an e-mail.

According to the terms of offer, they should have delivered the PC by 31.03.2012 (May be a few days delay accepted).. if advance payment is made in full. Based on their offer, we sent the money in advance.  However, they have not delivered anything till date. It is impossible to speak to them on the toll-free no. 1800-180-2-180 anytime.. they are not able to keep their word and no respect for customer. We feel cheated and totally betrayed,  As they are in a far off place like Amritsar from our place Bangalore...we feel totally helpless. I  was eager to get this PC to help my education, feels totally let down. 

Any pointers / help is really appreciated. 

Regards,

Kum.Manasa G.S
Student of IX Std
U/G. Shri. Gangadhar sharma
Bangalore

Learning

3 Replies

Rajeev Kumar (Lawyer/Advocate)     28 May 2012

Dear querist file a case in consumer froum at your locality means banglore with a demand of compensation as the violation of agreement with all relevant document the printout of emails.

Ranee....... (NA)     28 May 2012

Rajiv Kumar sir, how to file consumer complaint for food product?

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     29 May 2012

what was the need to  purchase it from a far off city?Dint Bangalore provide you all this stuff?

That is why the old traditional system of directly going to the shop to purchase what you want is the best.You don't face such challenges.

Now do as the experts say,and never again fall into the trap of buying anyth. from a far off city

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register