LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dinesh kanchi (manager)     24 May 2012

Need advice for legal action to control dispute with wife

I was married 6 years ago . After wedding everything went fine for 6 months. Then she started polluting environment in my family by starting minor quarrels and forced me to separate from my family members. Then we started living in separate house. Even after that she did not stop troubling me mentally. She always wanted to stay with her parents, and was avoiding my relatives. Hence very frequently she use to go to her parents home and stay there for weeks.

I did not oppose much until we had first daughter. I thought after having children her attachment with my home will increase, but it never happened. She kept on visiting her parents/relatives for long periods.

Eventually this led to frequent quarrel between both of us, and then eventually with her parents as well. Recently we had big verbal fight over this same issue, and she called her parents to take her with them. This time i resisted sending my daughter with them, and they filed police complain and took custody of daughter and went away. She spread news in relatives that i torture her physically and mentally, but never registered police complain. I know she don't want to divorce me, hence i am hopeful (or almost confident) that she will not file 498a.

I want to stop this chain. I spoke with her relatives about this many times, but it made situation worse. So this time when she returns back, I am thinking of teaching her some lesson by taking some minor legal action. I just want to scare her a little bit that if this continues then I might take come legal action to take divorce, note- I just want to scare her little bit legally, I will never give her divorce.

Can any legal expert help me with this?

I am thinking of following options-

• Instead of requesting her and her parents, sending her legal notice to return back

• when she return, getting written statement from her that she will respect our relations, and will not create unnecessary problems

• any other option you can suggest me

Learning

5 Replies

Vishwa (translator)     24 May 2012

It would seem basically you and your wife are not suited to each other and that is why you are quarreling. If you want to keep your wife, you must make some major compromises...

You say " I just want to scare her little bit legally, I will never give her divorce."

This is where your aggressive macho attitude gets revealed.

You can never get a woman to live with you under such conditions. Women are to be considered delicate sensitive creatures and deserve to be treated as such. Did you ask  yourself, what if she from her side wants to give you divorce?

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     24 May 2012

The Bombay High Court has observed that married women should take a cue from goddess Sita, who followed her husband Lord Ram even during his exilewhile hearing a divorce petition on Tuesday, filed by a man on ground that his wife is unwilling to relocate to his new place of work.

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     25 May 2012

for  "DINU" :

1.  Sometimes you have to beat the bush to make the rabbit come out from its safe hiding place.

2.  You may consider to stay in your father-in-law's (FIL's) house alongwith your wife, for 3-4 days (deliberately) and then coerce her to change her mind-set and also coerce your in-laws to be more friendly with you.   Start doing this staying thing every week.  Once you start staying 3-4 days with your FIL's, then everybody will start feeling the pinch. In-laws family would ultimately start poking their daughter to move out to your house.
This is worth a try and usually it would work.

Forget taking any legal action, for the time-being.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     29 May 2013

Better be ready for divorce,if you show your willingness of divorce she may fear a status of divorcee woman,and peacefully come back.If not better to separate.

ragz hyder (PM)     29 May 2013

@Vishwa...

Delicate creatures?? Seriously...LOL...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register