LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

P.P.Upadya (Senior Divisional Manager)     23 May 2012

Marriage registration

For registration of marriage it is said that the proof of residence of both the bride and the groom is required. If not available the marriage can be registered by the jurisdictional Sub-Registrar where either of them belong(for whom the address proof is available) or at the place where the marriage has been held (of course, with sufficient proof) Recently I have performed my daughtersmarriage in Bangalore but she doesn't have the stipulated  residence proof for the place in which she was staying just before marriage.(She was staying with me) The Sub registrar quotes rules and tells me that the copy of the Pass book of a nationalised bank account (which is 2 years old ) is not acceptable. The post - paid mobile bill of Airtel also is not acceptable (but it is an acceptable proof  for issue of passport )

It is quite an irony to insist that an unmarried daughter in India should have one of the following as residence proof:

1. Pass port  2.Driving Licence 3. BSNL Landline Bill 4. Voter ID 5.Ration Card

Can the declaration of the Father along with substantiating addition proof be accepted. (Marriage invitation, Photo Album ,wittnesses etc. and the girls Pass book copy and Post paid Airtell bill). I feel that the parents residence proof should be enough for this purpose.

Somebody will be able to throw light on this.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register